Book inquiry

Old April 7th 04, 02:10 PM
James Higby

Default Book inquiry

I know a lot of the material on Canadian Colonial Tokens has been reprinted
in anthologies, but as far as I know, not the following, all by Courteau:

Copper Tokens of the Bank of Montreal 1919

Habitant Tokens of Lower Canada 1927

St. George Copper Tokens of the Bank of Upper Canada 1934

Does anyone know of a source for these?

--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

- Bertrand Russell

Old April 8th 04, 04:02 AM
frank wight

"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote in message ...
I know a lot of the material on Canadian Colonial Tokens has been reprinted
in anthologies, but as far as I know, not the following, all by Courteau:

Copper Tokens of the Bank of Montreal 1919

Habitant Tokens of Lower Canada 1927

St. George Copper Tokens of the Bank of Upper Canada 1934

Does anyone know of a source for these?

(betcha dollars to doughnuts, James, that
you won't get much of a response from this
group because you're probably the most
knowledgeable about such coins).
Old April 16th 04, 05:06 PM
xxxxxxx

Hello James,
At one time or another I have sold copies of these titles. I have
nothing of these in stock at the moment. If you want, I can add your
request to my customer want list and contact you if anything shows up.
No obligation, of course. Contact me at
or visit my site at
www.abebooks.com/home/stockleysbooks
Thanks
Richard
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:10:28 -0500, "James Higby"

Old February 9th 05, 04:06 AM
A. Roy

Hello, James Higby!
You wrote:

I know a lot of the material on Canadian Colonial Tokens has been

reprinted
in anthologies, but as far as I know, not the following, all by Courteau:

Copper Tokens of the Bank of Montreal 1919

This book has been reprinted at least twice. Neither reprint has a date
but one was done by Jeffrey Abare. It was limited to 60 copies. The other
was Cerlox bound clear plastic over blue paper covers. No publisher noted
but it may have been Sanford Durst.

Habitant Tokens of Lower Canada 1927

This was also reprinted in a Cerlox binding with clear plastic over blue
paper covers. Durst again?

St. George Copper Tokens of the Bank of Upper Canada 1934

Does anyone know of a source for these?

I have an extra copy of Abare's 'Copper Tokens of the Bank of Montreal.'
Contact me if you're interested. Don't forget to un-munge my email
address.

--
See ya ...
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My Canadian Numismatic Books:
http://members.photofun.com/al-roy/books
Unusual Royal Canadian Mint items:
http://members.photofun.com/al-roy/rcm

rec.collecting.books FAQ Hardy-Boys.net Books 0 May 9th 04 08:39 PM
[FAQ] rec.collecting.books FAQ Mike Berro Books 0 December 26th 03 08:18 PM
Book signing information Ted Kupczyk Autographs 6 November 2nd 03 02:04 PM
autographs dani.steiner General 0 July 19th 03 06:08 AM
Reducing Autograph Collection dani.steiner Autographs 0 July 16th 03 02:29 PM