Photos of the 19th and early 20th century

Old December 18th 12, 10:15 AM
dobra dobra is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up Photos of the 19th and early 20th century

Hello,

I'd like to show you our new project called Distory

It all began from collection old photos, documents and magazines. Then I decided to show all my collectibles to everybody and help everybody to share their collections

Portrait of a soldier of the German empire near a hospital in Berlin during the World War I

Soldiers of the German empire near a mill in Kolno (Poland) during the World War I

View of St. Nikolai-Kathedrale in Vilnius, Lithuania

Portrait of a soldier of the Russian empire

Other old photos can be found at Distory.com

Currently, we have about 1000 of unique photos and documents in high quality. And all of them from our own collection. Would appreciate your comments, advices and collections
Old December 18th 12, 10:20 AM
dobra dobra is offline
Junior Member

Portrait of a soldier of the Russian empire

Portrait of inhabitants of the Russian empire

View of Gomel city, Bazarnaya str.

View of Bank of Poland in Warszawa
Old December 18th 12, 07:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default Photos of the 19th and early 20th century

I'd like to show you our new project called *Distory*

It all began from collection old photos, documents and magazines. Then I
decided to show all my collectibles to everybody and help everybody to
share their collections

Portrait of a soldier of the German empire near a hospital in Berlin
during the World War I

I do not see any tax stamps or other philatelic significance on any of
your items. Is there any -=or=- are you just trolling for hits?
Old December 19th 12, 06:33 AM
dobra dobra is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir F.A. Rien[_2_] View Post
I do not see any tax stamps or other philatelic significance on any of
your items. Is there any -=or=- are you just trolling for hits?
I apologize for the wrong photos. Here are photos with the stamps

A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria with a girl in national costume of 1900

A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria of September 20, 1888

Petition of the priest for admission to trading on the forest of February 14, 1879 (Russian empire)
Old December 20th 12, 06:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

On 12/19/2012 12:33 AM, dobra wrote:
'Sir F.A. Rien[_2_ Wrote:
;693862']I do not see any tax stamps or other philatelic significance on
any of
your items. Is there any -=or=- are you just trolling for hits?

I apologize for the wrong photos. Here are photos with the stamps

A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria with a girl in national costume of
1900
[image:
http://distory.com/system/thumbs/att.../photo001.jpg]

A photo with a card with a common stamp pasted on is not too
interesting. One showing both side would be nicer. (I found the reverse
on the site and see that the images are paired.)

A postcard of the Kingdom of Bavaria of September 20, 1888
[image:
http://distory.com/system/thumbs/att.../photo001.jpg]

A photo of postal cards with preprinted 'stamps' (indicia) are more
interesting as they are not found in stamp catalogs other than country
specialized catalogs. The 'stamp' image may or may not be similar to a
regular stamp.

Petition of the priest for admission to trading on the forest of
February 14, 1879 (Russian empire)
[image:
http://distory.com/system/thumbs/att.../photo001.jpg]

I am pretty sure that the stamp here is not a postage stamp but a
revenue documentary tax stamp. So I think the priest had to pay to
submit the petition as an official document. There have been similar
revenue stamps in US history (especially civil war and after).

I have some items that would fit this site, so I might submit. But
http://distory.com/user/sign-up#
has a Terms of Use link that links to the very same page instead of the
Terms of Use page. So while I am signing up, I will not submit until I
can see the Terms of Use.

The content section of
http://distory.com/page/terms-of-use
is blank.

Terry

Old January 9th 13, 12:45 PM
dobra dobra is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Reedy View Post
The content section of
http://distory.com/page/terms-of-use
is blank.

Terry
We will fix this soon

Some larger screens of the stamps from the Russian empire

More can be found in the documents of our website. We have much more of different documents/letters/postcards with different stamps, but we need some time to digitalize them and upload on our website