Auction lot of the week

Old August 12th 03, 02:27 AM

Default Auction lot of the week

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....6?aucview=0x17

For those that desire the extremely rare 1 1/2c Martha Washington stamp.
But there is a bonus... a Valentine! And at $44 I am restraining myself.

Dave (wondering what I can get for those two covers with six 1/2c Franklins
on them... hmmmmm)

Old August 12th 03, 04:32 AM
Tracy Barber

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:27:35 GMT, wrote:

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....6?aucview=0x17

For those that desire the extremely rare 1 1/2c Martha Washington stamp.
But there is a bonus... a Valentine! And at $44 I am restraining myself.

Dave (wondering what I can get for those two covers with six 1/2c Franklins
on them... hmmmmm)

If they're FDC, then you can get a good start...

Tracy Barber
Old August 12th 03, 04:19 PM
J. A. Mc.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:27:35 GMT, found
these unused words floating about:

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....6?aucview=0x17

For those that desire the extremely rare 1 1/2c Martha Washington stamp.
But there is a bonus... a Valentine! And at $44 I am restraining myself.

Dave (wondering what I can get for those two covers with six 1/2c Franklins
on them... hmmmmm)

Lovely blurred scan and a duplex oblit is 'CANCALED TWICE" !

Love the final caveat best ... "JUST REMEMBER TO USE ALL CAPITALS IN
THE EMAIL." G

FWIW, for the VI, you -can- set your personal minimum type size, font,
and 'normal' sizes in a browser for reading emails. There's even a
tick-box to 'defeat' other's choices.
Old August 12th 03, 06:08 PM
Albumen

What are you talking about? Rothschild,Wis. is a rare town on the 1 1/2c
Prexie.

Also, might I point out that this is just one of the many philatelic
rarities that may
be found in Oregon. :-)

-a

Old August 13th 03, 05:23 PM

I do know several things about this seller. She knows absolutely
nothing about stamps. Mostly involved with selling "antiques". Likes
capital letters. Doesn't spell well or have a spell check. Another "gem"
she is selling is:
http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....2?aucview=0x30
I note that although the stamp is indeed cancelled, she insists it
isn't "cancalled" (or perhaps a new philatelic term I am unaware of), but
calls it a "dirt mark".

Dave (not the seller, not copyrighted, not changing the topic)

Old August 14th 03, 05:45 PM
J. A. Mc.

Yep, I would say that a postmark from a "Wisconsin town" located in
Oregon would be a rarity.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:08:36 -0700, "Albumen"
found these unused words floating about:

What are you talking about? Rothschild,Wis. is a rare town on the 1 1/2c
Prexie.

Also, might I point out that this is just one of the many philatelic
rarities that may
be found in Oregon. :-)

-a

.. .