OT-Bally Slot machine glass needed!

Old December 11th 03, 01:54 PM
Keith Stelter

Default OT-Bally Slot machine glass needed!

Sorry for the off topic post.
I'm looking for a reel area glass for a Bally 5000 / 5000 plus slot machine.
The machine is a "Super Jackpot" machine, but the reel glasses are
supposedly the same for all of these machines made in the 80's.
Please let me know what you have!
Thanks in advance!
Keith

Old December 11th 03, 03:39 PM
Charley

He'll not likely have it, but try asking Steve Young at The Pinball Resource
or www.pinballresource.com. He'll most likely know where
you can get one.
--
Charley

Old December 11th 03, 04:14 PM
Arthur Dent

They are often for sale on Ebay.
Search for slot glass.
I think the one you want is called the 'belly glass'.
Glen

Old December 11th 03, 07:30 PM
Tony Miklos

Keith Stelter wrote:

Sorry for the off topic post.
I'm looking for a reel area glass for a Bally 5000 / 5000 plus slot machine.
The machine is a "Super Jackpot" machine, but the reel glasses are
supposedly the same for all of these machines made in the 80's.
Please let me know what you have!
Thanks in advance!
Keith

Now finnally someone need this! I don't know what Ballys they were for,
but long ago Steve Young gave me a pile of assorted glass for slots that
he couldn't sell. I just gave them away this past fall. It was at a
juke flea market and I have no idea who I gave them too.

--
Tony
Old December 11th 03, 10:47 PM
Keith Stelter

Tony, Tony, Tony!
Didn't I tell you that you are NEVER allowed to get rid of ANYTHING without
checking with me first and then saving the stuff for at LEAST 10 more years
just in case I change my mind!!!

Old December 11th 03, 11:00 PM
Keith Stelter

No, unfortunately the belly glasses are easy to find. The one I need is the
one that covers the reels. The belly glass is the one at the bottom right
above the payout tray.

. com...

Old December 13th 03, 03:29 AM
bogart

Are you sure it's a 5000? The 5000 series was late 80's to early 90's. Most
of the 80's machines are other series, and many differences exist in their
reel glasses. You might try Royal Bell in Denver: http://www.royalbell.com/

bogart (factory-trained Bally slot tech)

Old December 13th 03, 03:50 AM
Keith Stelter

Yeah, It's a 5000 plus series from 1988.
I know the Harris' really well and tried them (Royal Bell) already. Thanks!
ink.net...

Old December 13th 03, 01:22 PM
Ron

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message ...
Yeah, It's a 5000 plus series from 1988.

Keith,

Send me a pic of the reel glass, I'll check in my storage, and
with my vendors.......
We got rid of most of the 5000 series in '91 - '92, at the time,
in favor of the 5500's, (built-in-bill changer). We did however keep
approx. 5 of these machines with us for certain customers because they
happened to like 1 or 2 themes that Bally would not continue in a 5500
series. So, there is the possibility we still have it around
somewhere.
I have access to glass for IGT S+ and 5500 series Bally, if
anyone happens to need anything.........Ron