New 1996 $20 notes appearing

Old May 4th 04, 09:54 PM
Dan

Default New 1996 $20 notes appearing

I was in Richmond, VA two weeks ago and I noticed my friend pay for
something with a couple of fresh 1996 $20 notes. I thought it was a
fluke thing but the next day I went to an ATM at a gas station just
north of the city and received $200 in crisp, consecutive 1996 $20
notes. They were from the AB/F block run #5. Printed October 1998.
Clearing the vaults I guess...
I have a few extra if somebody is looking for this block.
Old May 5th 04, 12:15 AM
Lyntoy1

Its funny you brought that up! Just Saturday here in the Seattle area we took
in several $20 bills and the newest looking one was a 1996. I remember
wondering if someone had it in their dresser for a rainy day.
Old May 5th 04, 02:45 AM
Scottishmoney

"Lyntoy1" wrote in message
Its funny you brought that up! Just Saturday here in the Seattle area we

took
in several $20 bills and the newest looking one was a 1996. I remember
wondering if someone had it in their dresser for a rainy day.

A couple of weeks ago I got a nice EF+ example of the 1981-A $10 FRN in
change. It is more than unusual to get one of the older design notes now,
especially a 20+ year old example in nice condition. I still chance upon an
older five occasionally, but they are usually a few folds out of BEP
destruction.

Dave
--
Please see my Numismatic Website;
http://www.delta.edu/davidparrish

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

---

Old May 5th 04, 04:22 PM
Coin Saver

From: lyntoy1

we took in several $20 bills and the newest looking one was a 1996. I remember

wondering if someone had it in their dresser for a rainy day

Boxes and boxes of bricks (bundles) of 1996 $20 and $100 denominations
(totalling $900 million + were found and seized by the US Army in Iraq about
(?) a year ago. Could be part of that "Hoard" getting back into circulation.

8-|
- Coin Saver

Old May 5th 04, 07:53 PM
DyzeeGF3

I cashed my paycheck at the bank last week, and asked for large bills. One
that I received was an EF 1990 Minneapolis $100 bill...first old hundred
I've gotten in awhile, so I thought that was pretty cool. It's still in my
wallet

Eric

Old May 7th 04, 05:18 AM
Nicholas Cheung

Boxes and boxes of bricks (bundles) of 1996 $20 and $100 denominations
(totalling $900 million + were found and seized by the US Army in Iraq about
(?) a year ago. Could be part of that "Hoard" getting back into circulation.

Was this Iraqi hoard all 1996 $20s & 1996 $100s or were there $50s and
or other Series dates in there?

Nick

Last Two Notes in Bundle Question Fred Shecter Coins 0 August 12th 04 03:00 AM
Non-Sport Pack Sale KBartells Cards:- non-sport 0 May 6th 04 02:52 PM
red seal Cathy1999 Paper Money 7 October 8th 03 12:53 AM
rookie question on $2 bill John III Paper Money 18 September 29th 03 04:27 PM
Non-Sport Packs F/S KBartells Cards:- non-sport 0 September 11th 03 02:21 PM