Just bought a locked up OMT

Old May 31st 07, 07:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Mark

Default Just bought a locked up OMT

I just brought home a Wurlitzer OMT that looks like it has never been
played. It shows it was manufactured in 1994 and has the 100 CD
carosel. I have never owned a OMT, but have had a few Rock Ola
Nostalgia models in the past, so I am not familiar with these. I did
not get any cabinet keys or cashbox keys, and the jukebox is locked
up. Can the backside of the cashbox door be accessed from inside the
jukebox when I get it open? There is a stiff green wire hanging from
the back, and an extra brown two prong power cord. I assume the green
wire is the antenna for the IR remote control (which I also did not
get, unless it is inside). Am I guessing right? What about the extra
power cord? I sent an email trying to buy the cabinet key, but was
curious about the other things above. The display shows 0101, and
when I put a coin in, it changes to 47. There are no CD's on the
jukebox so I don't know if plays or not until I load a few CD's into
it. Thanks.

Old May 31st 07, 10:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

You can either get a locksmith to come to your house, open it, and make a
key for probably about $40.00, or you can buy a lock pick kit for $25.00 and
open it yourself. The locks on jukes, pinball machines, etc are VERY easy to
pick. An old time operator showed me how to open them with 2 hair pins years
ago, but it's even easier with a lock pick kit.
Remote controls were an option on Wurlitzers back then and a lot of
operators didn't buy them. I doubt that the green wire is a remote antenna.
It's hard to tell what the wires are for until you get it open, and the
juke isn't going to do much of anything until you get it full of CD's.
Maybe John from John's jukes will respond with some info on the codes that
you are seeing when you turn it on.
Great Find!!!
ups.com...

Old May 31st 07, 06:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Mark

Thanks Keith. I took a very long screwdriver and put it in one of the
vent holes in the back and was able to reach in and trip the door
latch and open it. The green wire was an auxillary input someone had
added, and the brown wire was an extention cord that powered the wall
transformer plugs for the above. It looks like it has 862 total
plays, so it definately has low miles. I loaded some CD's and
everything plays and selects as it should. There was no owners manual
or keys so I can address those problems now that I got inside.

Old May 31st 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

Contact John's Jukes (www.flippers.com) to get a manual and GREAT support
for the Wurlitzer OMT's.
You can buy manuals elsewhere, but John is MORE than helpful with advice and
tech tips!

ps.com...