ami/rowe R87

Old September 14th 08, 07:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paula

Default ami/rowe R87

can anyone help me ? My father-in-law has an Ami/Rowe R87 juke box and
he's looking for a Central Control Computer.
If anyone has any information i would be grateful. Thanks
Old September 14th 08, 10:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter[_2_]

Paula,
Can you post the numbers off of the one that he has?
I have a few of them, but I'm not sure which one fits an R87.
If I have one for it I'll sell it to you cheap!

Old September 16th 08, 09:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

"paula" wrote in message

can anyone help me ? My father-in-law has an Ami/Rowe R87 juke box and
he's looking for a Central Control Computer.
If anyone has any information i would be grateful. Thanks

The few R-87's I have seen all use the same CCC as the R84,5,6.
(larger one). However I have heard of someone with one with a later
model (smaller) CCC fitted. It may have been a run of "video" models
though Im not quite sure if they arrived until the R-88. To make it
all more confusing, I have seen R-88s with both board types.

Note that the smaller later model CCC used with the R88 I had was
identical in looks and function to the R-89 and later, but was
electrically different (only supported a single 3 digit display (and
several function LEDS) rather than the later models' separate 3 and 4
digit ones. The EPROM was hard wired to a different range in the
memory map (and may have been smaller size) and there were other
subtle differences in the PCB layout. This was discovered when trying
to use it in another machine.
(There may have been different key presses/sequences used to program
the settings, but Im not sure)

A picture of the guts of the machine, around the CCC board connector
area, and DEFINITELY both sides of the display board would be a must
to be 100% sure of this. If you have the OLD CCC still, you can also
put pics of that up as well to help identify.
Old October 9th 08, 04:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paula

Old October 9th 08, 04:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paula

On Sep 14, 2:02*pm, paula wrote:
can anyone help me ? My father-in-law has an Ami/Rowe R87 juke box and
he's looking for a Central Control Computer.
If anyone has any information i would be grateful. Thanks

he gave me this number , hope it helps 6-08870-02. thanks.
Old October 9th 08, 04:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paula

"paula" wrote in message

[...]

ok, thanks, i'll see if my father-in -law has pictures

FS in MA: 77 Rowe RI2 [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 April 17th 06 01:55 PM
Rowe R-82 help James Juke Boxes 7 October 22nd 05 10:52 PM
Will a display from a rowe cd100 fit a Rowe cd-51? BriMc Juke Boxes 1 January 23rd 05 02:46 AM
Rowe CD-100 G. Silber Juke Boxes 2 November 20th 04 04:39 AM
FS: rowe/ami parts; rowe, rockola, whurlitzer manuals stevethedomer Juke Boxes 0 October 26th 03 12:19 AM