SAME COIN??? 2 DIFF AUCTIONS????

Old October 9th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
BigDog

Default SAME COIN??? 2 DIFF AUCTIONS????

Help my fellow RCC'ers.. to my untrained eye these seem to be the same
coin. Please tell me what y'all think. I was thinking about bidding
'till I saw this and this stuff just don't seem right. I mean, shucks
that dog just won't hunt. Look forward to hearing what you think!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Si...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Do...QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know please!

Your friend in coins,

Rick

Old October 9th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"BigDog" wrote in message
ups.com...
Help my fellow RCC'ers.. to my untrained eye these seem to be the same
coin. Please tell me what y'all think. I was thinking about bidding
'till I saw this and this stuff just don't seem right. I mean, shucks
that dog just won't hunt. Look forward to hearing what you think!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Si...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Do...QQcmdZViewItem

Definitely two identical pictures. It is unknown whether either auction
actually will deliver the coin pictured. And what the deuce does "Don't
wait until the last minute to let a sniper take it from your hands" mean?
That's ALWAYS when a sniper takes it from your hands.

Bid at your own peril.

Mr. Jaggers

Old October 9th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Krummel

"BigDog" wrote in message
ups.com...
Help my fellow RCC'ers.. to my untrained eye these seem to be the same
coin. Please tell me what y'all think. I was thinking about bidding
'till I saw this and this stuff just don't seem right. I mean, shucks
that dog just won't hunt. Look forward to hearing what you think!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Si...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Do...QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know please!

Your friend in coins,

Rick

Same coin, same seller, two different auctions. It could be (1) a simple
and honest mistake and the seller would want to know or (2) it could be the
seller does not ship exact coin as imaged and uses stock.

Looking at some of the other auctions by this seller, I am leaning toward
number 2.

Bill

Old October 9th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Farley

Same coin. If you do want to bid I suggest you do so on the auction with
the lowestart price!
Bruce

Old October 9th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JLR

"BigDog" wrote in message
ups.com...
Help my fellow RCC'ers.. to my untrained eye these seem to be the same
coin. Please tell me what y'all think. I was thinking about bidding
'till I saw this and this stuff just don't seem right. I mean, shucks
that dog just won't hunt. Look forward to hearing what you think!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Si...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1888-O-Morgan-Do...QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know please!

Your friend in coins,

Rick

Same situation with the 1924 Peace Dollars, same pics attached to 2
different auctions.
That said, i would think it is worth a quick question to seller to clarify.
It is not difficult to associate the wrong picture ....seen it happen albeit
infrequently to a very trusted
seller...

so i would not assume foul play right off the bat, worth the effort to
contact if you really want that thing.

Jorge