No coins

Old January 30th 05, 03:47 AM
Dale Hallmark

Default No coins

What do you do when you actually have a few extra dollars to spend on a coin
or two but you examine eBay and
all your online sellers/dealers but can't find anything you especially want?
Nothing has that (got to have it)
appeal. Also your local dealer hasn't anything in stock
that excites you all that much and no local coin shows in sight.

Oh there are a lot of coins on my want list but none are pressing for me at
this time.

Did you ever get in this position? What did you do?

Think I will work on my aquarium.

Dale

Old January 30th 05, 03:56 AM
James Higby

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
What do you do when you actually have a few extra dollars to spend on a
coin or two but you examine eBay and
all your online sellers/dealers but can't find anything you especially
want? Nothing has that (got to have it)
appeal. Also your local dealer hasn't anything in stock
that excites you all that much and no local coin shows in sight.

Oh there are a lot of coins on my want list but none are pressing for me
at this time.

Did you ever get in this position? What did you do?

Think I will work on my aquarium.

Dale

It's feast or famine, Dale. Famine has been my state for a couple months
now, the longest I have ever gone.

James
'need a coin fix big time'

Old January 30th 05, 04:07 AM
Andrew W Applegarth

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in
:

What do you do when you actually have a few extra dollars to spend on
a coin or two

Dale

I usually wake up because one of my kids is either tugging on me or
screaming for me...

- Andrew W Applegarth
Old January 30th 05, 04:09 AM
Bill Krummel

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
What do you do when you actually have a few extra dollars to spend on a
coin or two but you examine eBay and
all your online sellers/dealers but can't find anything you especially
want? Nothing has that (got to have it)
appeal. Also your local dealer hasn't anything in stock
that excites you all that much and no local coin shows in sight.

This has happened to me what few times I thought I could afford to make a
purchase this year. The coins I see that I would want are out of my ability
to purchase and everything else looks like either junk or ho-hum.

Oh there are a lot of coins on my want list but none are pressing for me
at this time.

Did you ever get in this position? What did you do?

Nothing. Figure the day will come. I realize I can't afford to make a
serious purchase today.

Bill

Old January 30th 05, 05:48 AM
Brian Oakley

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
What do you do when you actually have a few extra dollars to spend on a

coin
or two but you examine eBay and
all your online sellers/dealers but can't find anything you especially

want?
Nothing has that (got to have it)
appeal. Also your local dealer hasn't anything in stock
that excites you all that much and no local coin shows in sight.

Oh there are a lot of coins on my want list but none are pressing for me

at
this time.

Did you ever get in this position? What did you do?

Think I will work on my aquarium.

Dale

Maybe donate the money to a local charity or help someone pay a bill they
wouldn't be able to? And maybe someday they might be blessed enough to enjoy
the hobby as well.
B.

Old January 30th 05, 01:55 PM
Bruce Remick

-- "Dale Hallmark" wrote in message
What do you do when you actually have a few extra dollars to spend on a

coin
or two but you examine eBay and
all your online sellers/dealers but can't find anything you especially

want?
Nothing has that (got to have it)
appeal. Also your local dealer hasn't anything in stock
that excites you all that much and no local coin shows in sight.

Oh there are a lot of coins on my want list but none are pressing for me

at
this time.

Did you ever get in this position? What did you do?

Think I will work on my aquarium.

Dale

Can't find *anything* on Ebay you want? Dale, you're way to specialized. I
have a hard time sorting through all the stuff on Ebay that I want in order
to narrow it down to stuff I *really* want and stuff I *must win*! Then I
slap myself in the face and think of my hungry grandchilden. That doesn't
last long, and it's back to Ebay again.

Bruce

Old January 30th 05, 02:28 PM
gogu

Ο "Dale Hallmark" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
What do you do when you actually have a few extra dollars to spend on a
coin or two but you examine eBay and
all your online sellers/dealers but can't find anything you especially
want? Nothing has that (got to have it)
appeal. Also your local dealer hasn't anything in stock
that excites you all that much and no local coin shows in sight.

I am one centimetre from this point Dale ;-)
Slowly but steadily I am completing my collections and rarely find coins of
interest on e-Bay...
The ones I am looking for are quite rarely shown on e-Bay.
(Of course I am always looking for the on-going collections and the new
coins every year, but that's not too much).

Oh there are a lot of coins on my want list but none are pressing for me
at this time.

Did you ever get in this position? What did you do?

Think I will work on my aquarium.

:-)
- I have started working with my Mini DV tapes, editing and transferring
them on DVDs
- I have started to scan and digitally organize my myriad of pictures taken
during my travels in other countries.

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Dale

Old January 30th 05, 02:52 PM
Dale Hallmark

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

I do have three bids outstanding but won't know about some of those for a while.
One is for a modern Austrian token for 1 Euro :-) (ending in 10 days).
Another is for a little older Austrian Medal for $3 (ending tonight)
and another is a bid in a mail bid auction for a fairly nice Marcus Aurelius den
with
an Aequitas reverse. (ending in 2-3 weeks) First mail bid I have ever tried.

For most of the areas I collect in, I already have all the common stuff.
and the rarer stuff doesn't show up all that often. I can always find
something to spend my meager funds on but
at this time I am not fining much that gets my blood going :-)

Dale
this too must pass

Old January 30th 05, 03:28 PM
note.boy

If I've not had a Scottish note for time time I usually end up buying
something Scottish Banking related like a savings bank, bank book or
banking correspondence.

Gotta have a regular fix. Billy

Old January 30th 05, 03:55 PM
Gary Matczak

I have a "secondary" collection of turn of the century postcards of my city
and surrounding areas,.............I can usually bid on something I don't
have for about $5.00,................that's how I get my