Vacumatic or Aerometric? (Parker 51)

Old August 31st 03, 02:21 PM
MJT

Default Vacumatic or Aerometric? (Parker 51)

I would argue that they are both 'classics' and you should own both. Then,
you can add different cap and clip vaiations, and soon, you will have
several dozen or more!

There are a couple of benefits with the aerometric. They are more reliable
(repair wise) and you don't end up with a visible joint where the plunger
cap fits onto the pen with the vac.

Having said that, either one will write well.

Michel.

"David Meale" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the tips on where to get a reliable 51.

Now... all you vintage pen lovers out there... should I get a
vacumatic or aerometric?

I searched the archives of this group and cannot find a good debate on
this topic, but I imagine many of you must have strong views.

Personally, I want a very reliable writer that will last a long time
(better to get an aerometric, right?) but I also want to write with a
true "American classic" (vacumatic better, right?).

I'll appreciate your thoughts on the pros and cons.

Old August 31st 03, 03:07 PM
marlinspike

IMHO, the aerometric is better from a praticality standpoint, but the
vacumatic has a cooler filling mechanism and a better looking clip design.
Richard