OT I.E problems.

Old January 22nd 05, 01:58 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Ian" wrote in message
. uk
Chrysta wrote:
In article ,
says...

I suppose sarcastic remarks suggesting an installation of Linux
would be considered uncalled for. :-)

:-)
Yes !

Hee hee! I was going to suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox. I'll
never go back to IE!

Good luck. )

Good point Chrysta. I've been using Mozilla for years now and wouldn't
dream of using either IE or Outlook Express unkless I was using a
computer that didn't have Mozilla installed on it. The link below
takes anyone interested to a page where you can download the tried
and tested fully functional version. I usually live on the edge with
their alpha test versions (currently on 1.8.6)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

Ian

Would it be better to install the Mozilla Suite as you suggest, or install
Firefox and Thunderbird separately...........or does it matter. It seems
that the result would be the same.

--
©¿©¬
~

Old January 22nd 05, 02:15 PM
Ian

Ed Hendricks wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message
. uk

Chrysta wrote:

[...]

Hi Ed,

Personally I much prefer the integrated suite. Once you acclimatise to
it you probably wouldn't want it any other way.

On the other hand the individual compnents (ie Firefozx and Thunderbird)
might be slightly more advanced than the official Mozilla release (as
opposed the the alpha tests), however most people wouldn't notice any
difference. I would recommend that you go for the full monty.

If you've never worked with `tabbed' browsing before, you have a treat
ahead of you.

Ian
Old January 22nd 05, 02:30 PM
DFloyd

"gogu" wrote in
:

So here is the message I read at the "events":
-------------
Application Failure iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulty unit
mshtml.dll, 6.0.2900.2523 at faulty address 0x00051fdc.
---------------

Can someone give me some help ?

Thank you!

1) Download the IE installer from this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...=1e1550cb-5e5d
-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en

OK, but can you tell me what exactly it's doing ?

2) Uninstall Internet Explorer using the Add/Remove Programs control
panel

3) Reinstall IE using the installer

4) Switch to Firefox

:-)
Yeah, I know, it's the best at the moment but I am an IE addict ;-)

(Tip: holding the power button down for 4 seconds will cut power to
most ATX computers.)

Thanks!
I hope it will be no need again but thanks anyway :-)

BTW, what is your opinion:
somebody "confirmed" that it should be a hardware and maybe a software
problem with my ISDN modem (public phone company, bad quality
material...). If I buy an ISDN modem from a reputable company and
install it, should that resolve my problem ?...

Thanks.

In this case reinstalling the software may not help.
This is a known bug in IE software that causes this behavior.

http://www.quirksmode.org/bugreports..._letter_select
or_combined_with_anchor_crashes.html

or

http://babyurl.com/lOl4Pn

There is a link to a test page, see if you get the same behavior.
I am using the current version of IE with all patches installed.
IE crashes when I go to that page but the Win 2000 does not crash.

If your machine crashes when you go to the test page reinstalling IE
isn't going to help. Avoid the page that causes this behavior.
Old January 22nd 05, 04:53 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Ian" wrote in message
. uk
Hi Ed,

Personally I much prefer the integrated suite. Once you acclimatise to
it you probably wouldn't want it any other way.

On the other hand the individual compnents (ie Firefozx and
Thunderbird) might be slightly more advanced than the official
Mozilla release (as opposed the the alpha tests), however most people
wouldn't notice any difference. I would recommend that you go for the
full monty.
If you've never worked with `tabbed' browsing before, you have a treat
ahead of you.

Ian

Thanks, Ian. Will try the suite.

--
©¿©¬
~

Old January 23rd 05, 03:52 AM
Andy

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:05:51 -0500, linxlvr wrote:

Good luck. )

I'm a Firefox fan too.

There was just an article somewhere that said IE is losing market share
- not much, but it is dropping. Barry

Break out the champagne! :-)

install Linux before that,
ooops, i see you did ;-)

take care
Andy

Old January 24th 05, 07:48 PM
Seanie The Grik-Slapper !

Your ISP OTEnet booted you off for your vile racist FILTH again ?

Use your panafonet account !

Poor little gogule, Nimeni nu da muie ca ea !
Du-te dracului ! Fire-ai al dracului !

Romaneshti Muist !

Old January 24th 05, 08:00 PM
Seanie The Grik-Slapper !

OTE abuse report filed

Dearest Domule Konstantin Brincoveanu

Curva imputita

Pizda proasta Catea

Futute-as in gura prin cur

Gaozar Capac Imbecil

Terminat Handicapat Nenorocit

Cretin Cioara
PS Nice talking your MOTHER TONGUE with you !

*ROTFFLMFAOAY*