Seeburg DS160 Tube

Old March 16th 05, 11:38 AM
Andreas Weller

Default Seeburg DS160 Tube

Hallo!
As I wrote in I'm currently trying
to repair a Seeburg DS160.
I got a trouble shooting manual and worked through the topics "Turntable
spins with no record in play position" and "Selector operation seems
normal but mechanical carriage does not scan when any record is selected"
Any idea what I could do now?

But there are more questions:
The voltage regulator tube VR501 glows brightly blue (like a strong
"northern light") - the other one VR502 doesn't glow as bright as VR501.
Is this normal behaviour or is it broken?

On the Auto-speed unit the power relay could be found and the trouble
shooting manual says that my error might result from D or B contact
failing to close. I cleaned the contacts and nothing happens. Because I
wanted to know the relay's purpose I switched it manually. Nothing
happened? Is this what I should expect as I think ther should be some
reaction...

Thank you.

Regards,
Andreas Weller