HELP: Trying to identify a 1939/1940 Seeburg Jukebox

Old January 18th 04, 05:15 AM
Fred

Default HELP: Trying to identify a 1939/1940 Seeburg Jukebox

I looked at a Seeburg jukebox today that had the center section of a
1939 Seeburg Classic (exactly like the one in the book 'American
Jukebox The Classic Years' on page 26. It also had sides exactly like
the 1940 Seeburg Envoy on page 29 of the same book. All the plastic
is red except the marble-like inserts which are white/blue. I
understand that Seeburg made a series of Jukeboxes that year which
included the Envoy, Cadet, Major, Colonel, Commander, and Concert
Master. I suspect it's one of the 1940 models.

Also, any idea on value? Complete, no broken plastics, but some of
the plastic has shrunk a little bit. Nothing really obvious. I would
REALLY like to know if there is a source book with correct pictures of
a restored or better yet original example. If I'm going to restore
the jukebox, I'd like to restore it as original.
Old January 21st 04, 04:37 AM
george craig

Fred, I am working on A 1938 Seeburg ''Royal'' for a friend of mine ...I
think he paid $500.00
for it ...the mech. has bent cast aluninum pieces but he has a spare mech
for parts,... push pull
parallel 45 output tubes three field coil speakers ....most 1930's jukes
don't go for much, but I still like them alot I will take pics. and post
for the group-George

om...