Wanted: Rowe R-87 schematics

Old August 7th 03, 10:59 PM
Russel Willoughby

Default Wanted: Rowe R-87 schematics

Anyone have an extra set of schematics for a Rowe R-87 they wouldn't
mind letting go? I have a computer from one that I need to repair, and
schems and a parts list would be a big help. I would happily buy an
original set or a legible copy. I believe R-84 through R-87 should
have the same schematics.

I have several Rowe manuals for machines of this era, and none of them
have schematics for the computer (CCC) or mech control board. Were
these supplied by Rowe with the new jukebox, or did they have to be
purchased separately? Or were they considered "top secret" and only
available to official Rowe distributors? I think it's strange that in
ten years I've NEVER seen a single copy.

If anyone's interested in the actual problem I'm trying to solve, here
it is: The transfer motor runs continuously. The associated LED stays
on always, though it looks a bit dimmer than the others. The signal
from the Computer stays at around 1v. Wiring is good to the Mech
board, and I could find no problem on the Mech board. All
headers/connectors are good.

If Rowe had included the schematics in the *(!#ing manual this would
probably already be fixed. Grrrr....

Old August 8th 03, 01:38 AM
KLR

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:59:19 -0400, Russel Willoughby
wrote:

[...]

Sounds like one of those small transistors on THe CCC
they tend to go leaky and all should be replaced (if used in this
motor drive circuit)

what you need is the "r84-7 workshop manual" - its on a3 size and
would be a pain to photocopy but it does tell you all you need to know
about all the electronic parts of this machine

Old August 8th 03, 05:04 AM
KLR

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 21:56:19 -0400, Russel Willoughby
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:38:09 GMT, KLR wrote:

Sounds like one of those small transistors on THe CCC
they tend to go leaky and all should be replaced (if used in this
motor drive circuit)

As best I can tell by following traces on the board, the only parts
that only relate to this circuit are one section each on a couple of
2203CPs, a couple of resistors, and an MPSA06. These items test fine
with a meter. I replaced the MPSA06 anyway.

The next thing upstream is the processor. Hopefully it's okay.

Of course, it's hard to tell what else works or doesn't work when the
box just sits there running the transfer motor forever.

I suspect those 2203CPs, because I'm not familiar enough with them to
know if they can really be tested with a meter. All of the sections
test the same, though, with no shorts.

I've also considered the possibility that one of the 5101s is bad. I'm
guessing that could leave the computer not totally brain dead, but
seriously confused (as it seems to be).

what you need is the "r84-7 workshop manual" - its on a3 size and
would be a pain to photocopy but it does tell you all you need to know
about all the electronic parts of this machine

Yep, that's what I need, alright. Unfortunately, Rowe never had much
of a distributor presence here in Louisville, so not much Rowe
paperwork is floating around town. I've asked around before, with no
luck.

Thanks for the suggestion about the transistors, though. I'll probably
just replace 'em all, since they're cheap and I've got tons of them.

in the early 90's I was getting lots of failures with these
transistors - intermittent ones - and leak problems

replacing ALL of them cured many problems and kept machine reliable
for years.

By now 10 years on - any original ones left out there in boards must
be pretty close to death

tubes wanted WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM LIFE [email protected] 8 Track Tapes 3 December 15th 04 06:39 PM
Rowe AMI Amp Help! Tom Juke Boxes 2 July 30th 03 05:21 PM
Rowe AMI 100CD Jukebox Craig Schneider Juke Boxes 2 July 2nd 03 03:28 AM
Rowe JAO-200 Bandstand selection stopping problem KLR Juke Boxes 4 June 29th 03 09:55 AM
Rowe CD100 problems... something new KLR Juke Boxes 1 June 29th 03 09:51 AM