How not to snipe

Old September 15th 03, 04:28 AM
George D

Stardancer wrote:
Gee, George, sorry to hear you did not get the coin - it sold for a bit less
than I paid for it.

Of course, you can always bid on my Type 2 ANACS AU 58 FH (see earlier post
for auction link).

Regards

Dan

Ebay username Coinenthusiast

What and have the washing machine break down. :_)

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

AAA, AARP, ANA, NRA, RCC ?+1, PIA, PIAAZ, GATF 85006-3032-18-4

The reward for a good deed is to have done it.

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old September 15th 03, 05:49 AM

how do you know that your price would have beat the other guys proxy price?

Old September 15th 03, 03:00 PM
Aladdin Sane

Another method is to have two browser panes open at the same time. Have
your bid in one pane ready to submit and the item in the second pane
watching the time.

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.
"George D" wrote in message

Jon wrote:
You don't need to try to synchronize your clock if you have a digital
watch. Just reload the page within an hour of the end of auction and see
exactly what time the watch says when the page comes back up. Add the
minutes and seconds that it says are left before the end of the auction
to the minutes and seconds on your watch. Reload a few more times before
the end to make it stays consistent. (The time it takes to reload the
page can vary a bit) At the last 5 seconds place your bid. Works for me.
One more note- just because the winning bid says $142.50 doesn't mean
that if you placed a bid of $142.51 in the last few seconds you would
have won. The winner could have put in $250.00 (for example) as his
maximum but it will automatically close at the next highest increment
over the previous high bidder's maximum. Therefore make sure you place
the absolute highest you are willing to pay, not just a little over what
the current high shows.

George D wrote:

This morning a auction for a AU58 FH Type one SLQ was going to close
at 9:56 my time. I had been following the auction and
the coin would fit my wants very well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045819903

So here I am watching and reloading. It hasn't moved since yesterday
afternoon I want that coin. I am ready to put in a bid
high enough to get it. Expensive but a AU 58 full head IMHO is worth
more and is more desirable than a 63 FH if it looks
right and this one looked right from what I could see.

10 minutes to go and I get ready to synchronize my clock with ebays. I
was going to hit it at 1 minute to go, I don't try for
any closer than that as sometimes my connection slows down or
something and I have to reconnect to ebay and that takes a
little time.

Believe me the bid would have been high enough to win. : )

Old September 15th 03, 03:36 PM
Bernhard Rich

You left a bid to mess with a leaky hot water heater? Hmmmm, are you
sure you are a true blue coin collector? Bernie

Old September 15th 03, 04:01 PM
George D

Aladdin Sane wrote:
Another method is to have two browser panes open at the same time. Have
your bid in one pane ready to submit and the item in the second pane
watching the time.

I have done that in the past but the last time I did I got a time-out problem or something that killed the bid.

O'well another one will come along.

Old September 15th 03, 05:33 PM
Coin Saver

From: 2000man

how do you know that your price would have beat the other guys proxy price?

Risky, but certain: bid the item's value times 5000.

8-/

Coin Saver

Old September 16th 03, 12:30 AM
Aram H. Haroutunian

From: 2000man

how do you know that your price would have beat the other guys proxy price?

Risky, but certain: bid the item's value times 5000.

8-/

Coin Saver

It is especially risky and not certain at all when
one more bidder does the same thing. :-)
Aram.

sniping beta90 Coins 29 September 11th 03 11:48 PM
Ok, so I won't win this, Pilgrim Bill Krummel Coins 6 August 11th 03 08:05 PM
I love esnipe !!! rhodo chrosite Coins 4 August 7th 03 01:56 PM
best mis-spelled ebay item bargain you have gotten? Johndaigle1 Card discussions 5 July 25th 03 12:31 AM