Levenger Infinity Journal?

Old May 26th 04, 07:36 AM
JimL

(JimL) wrote in message . com...
"Reuben S. Pitts III" wrote in message ...
KCat wrote:
Anyone tried these with PR and similar inks?

I don't care about the leather binding but 30 bucks for 600 pages is a
pretty good deal *if* the paper will hold up to my dark and dense inks. I
don't usually care for that sort of binding but...

posting this everywhere (well, 3 forums)

TIA,
kcat

Cat,

Try this for a better deal. Great journal and you get 400 pages for
$12.95. Can't beat it for a sewn journal.

Reuben

"Try this" ... ? Was there a link missing here?
I have a large book purchased for about $120 from a catalog called (I
think I remember) Tavalo, which is mostly a fancy hardware and tool
place, but they had this book, plus stainless steel cannisters that I
use for spice containers.
Unfortunately I can't find the catalog or invoices.

Like many books I have purchased, I haven't started using it until I
can invent a reason.

CORRECTION! CORRECTION! NOT 120, more like 12.00.. ANd other
answers were correct. It's the Lee Valley place, not Tavlo.

Sorry.... I get my compulsive mail order places onfused ;-Q
Old May 26th 04, 05:35 PM
KCat

CORRECTION! CORRECTION! NOT 120, more like 12.00.. ANd other
answers were correct. It's the Lee Valley place, not Tavlo.

Sorry.... I get my compulsive mail order places onfused ;-Q

heh... I wondered about that 120 thing. Was thinking... well, I guess that
*could* be a deal if it's diamond studded leather.

This is why you need a journal just for compulsive mail order. :-)

Old May 26th 04, 10:56 PM
macaddicted

KCat wrote:

Anyone tried these with PR and similar inks?

I don't care about the leather binding but 30 bucks for 600 pages is a
pretty good deal *if* the paper will hold up to my dark and dense inks. I
don't usually care for that sort of binding but...

posting this everywhere (well, 3 forums)

TIA,
kcat

kcat,

I just ordered the everyman journal from lee valley. If you let me know
what ink(s) you use I can try it out and let you know, assuming I have
the same ink.

Orange may be a problem however. I have it, I'm just not sure if I
should admit it.
--
macaddicted
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
Old May 27th 04, 02:19 AM
KCat

"macaddicted" wrote in message
news:1geeb03.1a4f6vq1vggaaxN%macaddicted@REMOVETHI Scomcast.com...
KCat wrote:

kcat,

I just ordered the everyman journal from lee valley. If you let me know
what ink(s) you use I can try it out and let you know, assuming I have
the same ink.

Orange may be a problem however. I have it, I'm just not sure if I
should admit it.

heh... that's okay - I think orange will be reserved for
punish..entertaining snailees who haven't written in a while. :-)

The inks I use most frequently for journals a

Various browns - most very dark with Penman Mocha being one I'm using a bit
lately but any dark brown would be close probably...
DC Blue
Blue-black (Pelikan but "wetted" with detergent so probably similar to
Tanzanite in flow)
PR Sherwood Green
Levenger Cobalt if ya got it.

I appreciate it - of course, let me know what you think of the journal
overall. The more I look at this cheapie $3 journal the more I could kick
myself for not buying up the whole lot of 'em. duh.

best,
kcat

Old May 27th 04, 07:33 PM
mge

In regards to various posts about this journal on a few different
boards.......I went to Levenger today and I to look at it. I decided to pass
on the infinity journal.....it's very big, bulky and horsey and I am not
impressed with the refill paper of the refill itself, it seems like Miguel
Ruis quality paper which is so-so stuff. The 600 pages is essentially 300
back and front to equal 600. Furthermore, they had the journal and refills
in the outlet for like $45 and $10 respectively. No thanks.

Old May 27th 04, 07:58 PM
Bluesea

Yes, that's the proper way to calculate the number of pages: Number of
sheets x 2.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 27th 04, 08:04 PM
Bluesea

Yes, that's the proper way to calculate the number of pages: Number of
sheets x 2.

Although, with stitched-binding, a sheet would actually be one folded in
half to yield 4 pages, but let's not confuse the issue any further.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 27th 04, 08:53 PM
JimL

"KCat" wrote in message ...
CORRECTION! CORRECTION! NOT 120, more like 12.00.. ANd other
answers were correct. It's the Lee Valley place, not Tavlo.

Sorry.... I get my compulsive mail order places onfused ;-Q

heh... I wondered about that 120 thing. Was thinking... well, I guess that
*could* be a deal if it's diamond studded leather.

This is why you need a journal just for compulsive mail order. :-)

Uhm, well, actually I DO have a journal recording my purchases, since
I do most of my shopping by the net and catalog. I sometimes need to
refer back to discover what I still haven't received, or remember what
I paid for something, or keep track of billing for things I
occasionally sell. The receiving room in my condo knows me well. But
I keep them placated with barb's orgasmic brownies -- but that's on
another newsgroup.
Old May 27th 04, 10:52 PM
macaddicted

KCat wrote:

kcat,

I just ordered the everyman journal from lee valley. If you let me know
what ink(s) you use I can try it out and let you know, assuming I have
the same ink.

Orange may be a problem however. I have it, I'm just not sure if I
should admit it.

heh... that's okay - I think orange will be reserved for
punish..entertaining snailees who haven't written in a while. :-)

The inks I use most frequently for journals a

Various browns - most very dark with Penman Mocha being one I'm using a bit
lately but any dark brown would be close probably...

I just found sludge in my PR Copperburst, which is the only brown I
have.

DC Blue
Blue-black (Pelikan but "wetted" with detergent so probably similar to
Tanzanite in flow)

I have PR Naples Blue and Midnight Blue, I'll try those. But there is
sludge in my Tanzanite too.

PR Sherwood Green

Have it.

Levenger Cobalt if ya got it.

Don't have it.

I appreciate it - of course, let me know what you think of the journal
overall. The more I look at this cheapie $3 journal the more I could kick
myself for not buying up the whole lot of 'em. duh.

Well, with the sludge discovery I have a new excuse (as if I've ever
needed them) to try Noodlers. Got to replace those other inks 'ya know.