USPS WARNING!!!

Old April 30th 16, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default USPS WARNING!!!

For those who do not know;
NEVER EVER SEND REGISTERED to the USPS.
http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2009/pb22259/html/updt_004.htm

Last but not least, since 2009 USPS does strictly what is required by the
UPU and not more, as it did previously.

Exactly, they do the MINIMUM possible!
with all the automated processes, even if it is no longer held in a
'separate bag' processing, why the bloody hell can't it be at least
SCANNED?

I suppose this happens because it is easier for USPS.

Yep, besides they don't have to be -=reswponsible=- for their
employee's thefts.

BTW ... Why does it now take the USPS 4-5 days to move a piece of
mail 18 miles?

See the explanation above.

What does 'easier' have to do with taking days to deliver mail?

Bad guess: I found no "before 2009 - after 2009" statistics inside. Thanks
anyway. It is commonplace that some postal items were and always will get
lost, as it was/is for planes and even for lovers.

Yes, by posttoastie thievery!

NO .. you found MORE evidence of concentrated THEFT at the NY ISC!

BTW, we're now at 5 of 6 -=REGISTERED=- having be 'easier' to steal!
It's 5 weeks since the one from Germany entered the USPS den of
thieves. Count that one GONE.

Please do consult your health providers and seek an equinectomy as soon as
possible.

Did you say "equinectomy"? Well, this could explain all your mail related
problems.

Quite, I agree. Definitely they are subject to that disease - as are
their staunch defenders!

So, since the USPS removes the protections you think you are
giving/getting by PAYING MORE for -=REGISTERED=- ...

NEVER, EVER, SEND REGISTERED through the USPS from overseas.
Old May 1st 16, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

So, since the USPS removes the protections you think you are

giving/getting by PAYING MORE for -=REGISTERED=- ...

The part of the protection that wasn't in compliance with the UPU
regulations was removed by the USPS already 7 (seven!) years ago. The most
important parts, like the signature requirement at reception and the
compensation for the lost mail are in place. This justifies to pay more for
registered letters.

NEVER, EVER, SEND REGISTERED through the USPS from overseas.

You can scream in uppercase as much as you want but your warning is _not_
confirmed by at least 15 (!) registered letters that were sent from overseas
and were received by me in NYC in 2015 - 2016.

Old May 1st 16, 04:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

So, since the USPS removes the protections you think you are
giving/getting by PAYING MORE for -=REGISTERED=- ...
The part of the protection that wasn't in compliance with the UPU
regulations was removed by the USPS already 7 (seven!) years ago. The most
important parts, like the signature requirement at reception and the
compensation for the lost mail are in place. This justifies to pay more for
registered letters.

You get MORE protection and BETTER coverage with LOWER cost ITS !!!

Furthermore, it would seem that many of the other UPU countries
didn't take the MINIMUM possible course. They also, and that's their
problem, do not advise their customers of the danger of sending
Registered through the USPS from overseas.

NONE of the senders knew that once into the USPS MAW, it would not
be protected, handled as proper REGISTERED, and became an open
invitation for THEFT.

What the USPS's MINIMUM necessary does is to remove it from the
accountable, tracked, separate handling that, -=in the past=-
guaranteed delivery.

NOW, it's a notice "Here I am , I'm VALUABLE, STEAL ME!!!"

NEVER, EVER, SEND REGISTERED through the USPS from overseas.

You can scream in uppercase as much as you want but your warning is _not_
confirmed by at least 15 (!) registered letters that were sent from overseas
and were received by me in NYC in 2015 - 2016.

And over the same period 5 of 6 to me were STOLEN! ALL apparently in
the same NYC ISC facility!

"Screaming" is typing ALL THE TEXT OF THE WHOLE MESSAGE in caps!
A few words is emphasis, as you would RAISE your voice to make a
point!

It also helps those who fail to read correctly the first time! G

FWIW - I presume you'll go to the upcoming World Exhibition, if so
do have a look at the -= 1890 Penny Postage Jubilee =- exhibit.
Old May 2nd 16, 04:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default World Stamp Show-NY 2016. Was: USPS WARNING!!!

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

FWIW - I presume you'll go to the upcoming World Exhibition, if so
do have a look at the -= 1890 Penny Postage Jubilee =- exhibit.

This is serious stuff indeed - noted the #674 - congrats for the good
company! Will try to take a look.

I'm waiting for info concerning my accreditation badge.

Victor

Old May 2nd 16, 03:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default World Stamp Show-NY 2016.

FWIW - I presume you'll go to the upcoming World Exhibition, if so
do have a look at the -= 1890 Penny Postage Jubilee =- exhibit.

This is serious stuff indeed - noted the #674 - congrats for the good
company! Will try to take a look.

I'm waiting for info concerning my accreditation badge.

Enjoy. Health prevents me from flying across.
That exhibit is from John Davies, it's in the 'OPEN'
competition and about at then end of the 4000 # Frames.
IIRC, about #4980 on.
Old May 2nd 16, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

FWIW - I presume you'll go to the upcoming World Exhibition, if so
do have a look at the -= 1890 Penny Postage Jubilee =- exhibit.

This is serious stuff indeed - noted the #674 - congrats for the good
company! Will try to take a look.

Enjoy. Health prevents me from flying across.
That exhibit is from John Davies, it's in the 'OPEN'
competition and about at then end of the 4000 # Frames.
IIRC, about #4980 on.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems.

This is what I previously found:

"14. OPEN. ... 674. A Jubilee Reminiscence. The 1890 Penny Postage Jubilee,
John Davies, United Kingdom"

http://www.ny2016.org/images/ny2016a...ns-preview.pdf

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old May 3rd 16, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

FWIW - I presume you'll go to the upcoming World Exhibition, if so
do have a look at the -= 1890 Penny Postage Jubilee =- exhibit.

This is serious stuff indeed - noted the #674 - congrats for the good
company! Will try to take a look.

Enjoy. Health prevents me from flying across.
That exhibit is from John Davies, it's in the 'OPEN'
competition and about at then end of the 4000 # Frames.
IIRC, about #4980 on.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems.

This is what I previously found:

"14. OPEN. ... 674. A Jubilee Reminiscence. The 1890 Penny Postage Jubilee,
John Davies, United Kingdom"

http://www.ny2016.org/images/ny2016a...ns-preview.pdf

Quite probably, John gave me the -=frames=- numbering, not the
-=exhibit==- listing number.