The Einstein Factor. A fair dinkum Quiz.

Old June 19th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default The Einstein Factor. A fair dinkum Quiz.

Around 6/6/2006,
Alan Stewart appeared on Australian National TV
"The Einstein Factor"

The Subject Alan chose: "Australian Stamps"

I think Alan successfully answered 8 from 12

I managed 4.
============================
Here are Alan's questions.

1.A sheet of stamps in 2000 shows what epic movie series?

2. The first Commonwealth country to issue a stamp specifically
for postage on Christmas greeting cards was Australia in what year?

3. The 1929 dull scarlet 1.5d stamp featured what creature?

4. In January of what year, did the standard leter postage rate
increase from 45c to 50c?

5. In 1995 Australia issued stamps to the value of $1.20 and $2.50
featured technology that emulated what gemstone?

6. Released in what year were the stamps featuring rockers
Johnny O'Keefe and Sherbet ?

7. NSW stamp council issued the first Max card set in what year?

8. Champion swimmer Grant Hackett has featured on stamps in
which (2) years?

9. The highest denomination1932 stamp features the
Harbour Bridge had what face value?

10. According to Australia Post anniversaries commemorated
on stamps should be of how many years or multiples thereof?

11. A 2005 stamp series released by Australia Post was titled
"cratures of the slime" True/False?

12. In 2006 Aust Post released a scrtach and sniff rose for
what day of February?

Old June 19th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Rod,

I'll try not to look up the answers in my catalogue!

1. Neighbours
2. 1964
3. Roo
4. 2004
5. holographics
6.
7.
8.
9. 2'6
10. 25
11. Desert Rose
12. 14th

groetjes, Rein

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old June 20th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

G'day Rein,
I applaud your bravery to answer publicly.
Your score however is 0 from 12. all incorrect.
Remember this is a televised quiz show and
correctness is required
Whilst your last answer is 14th is technically correct
the answer required was "St Valentines day")
Question 11 required a true or false answer?

For Australians question 9 is a "gimmee" because it is the
jewel in the crown of any Australian collection. The one single
stamp every Australian aspires to, and generally remembers
exactly when they bought their example.
I do not have one as yet

Personally I thought his questions rather difficult, based
in part on release dates, if this is the case for all quizzes
then I am going to fail miserably every time

news Rod,