Suspicious George IV Gold???

Old April 10th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Suspicious George IV Gold???

Does this strike anybody else as odd???

http://cgi.ebay.com/1825-George-IV-G...3A2%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/George-IV-gold-G...3A1%7C294%3A50

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like these, and then two
at once???

I am on the road and my books are not at hand.

oly
Old April 10th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

http://cgi.ebay.com/1825-George-IV-G...W0QQitemZ33032...

http://cgi.ebay.com/George-IV-gold-G...60326186334QQc...

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like these, and then two
at once???

I am on the road and my books are not at hand.

oly

Also, in both offerings/ instances, an old seller name that has not
been used for a while (or quite a while) is being reactivated.

The PCGS label on front of each looks odd.

An opening bid for a gold of $50 for a two-sovereign piece is odd too.

oly
Old April 10th 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 9, 6:13*pm, oly wrote:
On Apr 9, 6:08*pm, oly wrote:

Does this strike anybody else as odd???

http://cgi.ebay.com/1825-George-IV-G...W0QQitemZ33032...

http://cgi.ebay.com/George-IV-gold-G...60326186334QQc...

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like these, and then two
at once???

I am on the road and my books are not at hand.

oly

Also, in both offerings/ instances, an old seller name that has not
been used for a while (or quite a while) is being reactivated.

The PCGS label on front of each looks odd.

An opening bid for a gold of $50 for a two-sovereign piece is odd too.

oly

Well, actually I can't see the front of the PCGS label on one of the
pieces.

oly

Old April 10th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob

On Apr 9, 6:18�pm, oly wrote:
On Apr 9, 6:13�pm, oly wrote:

On Apr 9, 6:08�pm, oly wrote:

Does this strike anybody else as odd???

http://cgi.ebay.com/1825-George-IV-G...W0QQitemZ33032....

http://cgi.ebay.com/George-IV-gold-G...60326186334QQc....

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like these, and then two
at once???

I am on the road and my books are not at hand.

oly

Also, in both offerings/ instances, an old seller name that has not
been used for a while (or quite a while) is being reactivated.

The PCGS label on front of each looks odd.

An opening bid for a gold of $50 for a two-sovereign piece is odd too.

oly

Well, actually I can't see the front of the PCGS label on one of the
pieces.

oly- Hide quoted text -

Invalid item. A Chinese counterfeit?
Old April 10th 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_8_]

? "oly" ?????? ??? ??????
Does this strike anybody else as odd???

http://cgi.ebay.com/1825-George-IV-G...3A2%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/George-IV-gold-G...3A1%7C294%3A50

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like these, and then two
at once???

I am on the road and my books are not at hand.

oly

"...This listing (330320898712) has been removed or is no longer
available...".

Old April 11th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob F.[_4_]

Both those auctions have been yanked.
Must be a vast conspiracy, right Fwankie?