Email from ANA Blocked as SPAM?

Old November 20th 09, 08:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Marotta

Default Email from ANA Blocked as SPAM?

I do get _most_ of the email sent to me from the ANA. However, I have
been having a problem with _some_ email from them. This morning, I
looked at my Preferences and Settings again and I see that my provider
automatically protects me from emails about "money." I can set them
to go into Quarantine or to be deleted without delivery, but I have
them all set to be delivered to the Inbox, but flagged as SPAM.

You can see where this presents a problem with wuh-wuh-wuh-money-dot-
oh-are-gee.

As it so happens, because I am the webmaster for the MSNS, I just a
request from a Nigerian in the UK to advertise his Bank Offering. So,
you can see that some things do get through.... just not everything
from the ANA.

Has anyone else had the problem, or a similar problem?

(Anka, I just set the filters to allow Slovenian, but continue to
block Russian.)

Mike M.
Michael E. Marotta
"Happy with 1200 Baud via Hayes for RBBS on a PC-XT"
Old November 20th 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Mike Marotta" wrote in message

[...]

Hello Mike

When you received the E-MAIL messages, was it sent
directly to a Comcast Cable E-MAIL account? Just
curious to know.

Internet Service Providers will block (or tag), "mass mailing"
E-MAILS they feel are Spam. In better words, messages
that are transmitted all-at-once, instead of spacing
them apart. I like to think the ANA is spacing the
messages, if more than one person at Comcast is
receiving a message from them.

My Internet Service Provider has sent me notices of
E-MAIL messages that was placed in a "Quarantine"
file on there "Web Version" of my E-MAIL account.
The notice would inform me of a virus that cannot be
removed. I get these message on my "Microsoft
Mail" on my laptop. I end up shutting down "Microsoft Mail",
then signing in on my Web Mail. I delete the
Quarantine message right away, without opening it.

One of the most famous is the "DHL CONFIRMATION"
that a package needs verification. I get them with some
virus on the message.

Old November 20th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

[...]

Hello agan Mike

I have and account with Google that I used for Google Maps.
(http://maps.google.com)

I do not like how the Newsgroup is set up with Google. I am
not one to share my real E-MAIL address with everyone in
the world to spam me. Usenet is a great place to get
E-MAIL address by spammers.

Blocked Bidders Byron L. Reed Coins 12 October 24th 03 04:10 AM
RCC email addresses in my spam trap Donald F. Boudreau Coins 8 September 27th 03 05:43 PM
I haven't been blocked by ACG yet B.J. Herbison Coins 2 July 13th 03 06:31 PM
Not blocked or a puppet!! Larry Calder Coins 7 July 1st 03 02:00 PM
Um, I haven't been blocked yet... Stujoe Coins 2 July 1st 03 02:27 AM