Which countries have no CTO?

Old February 24th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee

Default Which countries have no CTO?

On Feb 24, 12:56 pm, malcolm wrote:
Cancelled stamps with gum need not be cto.

Indeed, apparently Australia Post allows gummed postage to be canceled
at the P.O. counter and inserted into a transparent envelope on the
package, not attached to the parcel. I have some lovely full-gum AAT
gutter blocks obtained this way from a stamp dealer (I have had a
falling-out with him, but he was very gracious in this regard.)

Joshua McGee
http://www.mcgees.org
Old February 25th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Peter Baumann" What about this:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/co...?stamp=cancels

My "spybot" didn't like that link
warned about a "first page"

Old February 25th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

I am surprised.
I recently thought I had read that this practice was forbidden.

Old February 25th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:32:15 +0900, "rodney"
wrote:

I am surprised.
I recently thought I had read that this practice was forbidden.

I have sent a high value U.S. to one of our old fellows here and it
was cancelled, then slipped into a protective cover - of sorts. It
was THE postage for said package.

Not normal practice, but I have a few friends at my P.O. They won't
go totally out of their way, but seem to be accommodating enough.

Old February 25th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

But, they are still cancelled to order. In do understand about the
postal duties and am hoarding U.S. and Belgian precancels,

The Netherlands precancels are nice,
but hard to find for moi,
http://cjoint.com/data/czbVO21AIM.htm

scanned before soaking.

Old February 25th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:49:27 +0900, "rodney"
wrote:

But, they are still cancelled to order. In do understand about the
postal duties and am hoarding U.S. and Belgian precancels,

The Netherlands precancels are nice,
but hard to find for moi,
http://cjoint.com/data/czbVO21AIM.htm

scanned before soaking.

Yes, they are interesting, but not that common, it appears. Maybe
because people snatch them up when they see them?
Old February 25th 08, 09:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Rod,

not just for you

Seen any Dutch CTO's???

Most Cour International de Justice stamps are cancelled to order as you
couldn't buy mint ones. Mint stamps sneaked out through the Court itself
and are very expensive nowadays...

What about the 1994 Light Houses that have a offset-litho printed "cds"
and were enclosed for free with the Dutch ladies magazine "Margriet" to
encourage women to start stamp collecting!!!

groetjes, Rein

Op Mon, 25 Feb 2008 01:49:27 +0100 schreef rodney
:

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old February 25th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:56:08 +0100, Rein wrote:

Rod,

not just for you

Seen any Dutch CTO's???

Yes, early semi-postals.

Tracy
Old February 25th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) Which countries have no CTO?

On Feb 25, 12:01 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:56:08 +0100, Rein wrote:
Rod,

not just for you

Seen any Dutch CTO's???

Yes, early semi-postals.

Tracy

Yes. Stamps for the Permanent Court of International Justice
(now known as the International Court of Justice).
http://www.hgitner.com/img/un/ICJ5.jpg

http://www.mayoph.com/images3/04c040.jpg

Blair
Old February 25th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:42:17 -0800 (PST), "Blair (TC)"
wrote:

On Feb 25, 12:01 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:56:08 +0100, Rein wrote:
Rod,

not just for you

Seen any Dutch CTO's???

Yes, early semi-postals.

Tracy

Yes. Stamps for the Permanent Court of International Justice
(now known as the International Court of Justice).
http://www.hgitner.com/img/un/ICJ5.jpg

http://www.mayoph.com/images3/04c040.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of B1 - B3, Tuberculosis Society.
But, those will do!