PING: Anka

Old October 4th 09, 04:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John C.

Default PING: Anka

Ann, I just found your check and card from 2004! )

John
Old October 4th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Giant Brain

Default Anka

"John C." wrote in message
Ann, I just found your check and card from 2004! )

John

I've gotten a DC quarter and a couple of pennies but no other 2009 coins.
Hey, it's almost 2010!

Old October 4th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Oct 4, 11:38�am, "John C." wrote:
Ann, I �just found your check and card from 2004! )

John

You know, I haven't been on RCC for so long, I forgot my password and
had to reset it!

What check? What card? Clue me in.

When I first got my iPod a few years ago, I loaded it with music and
discovered in the recesses of my hard drive an .mwv of Jim Stonefeel's
phone message that I had downloaded years ago. A keeper.

~Anka
Old October 4th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Oct 4, 11:41�am, "The Giant Brain" wrote:
"John C." wrote in message

Ann, I �just found your check and card from 2004! )

John

I've gotten a DC quarter and a couple of pennies but no other 2009 coins.
Hey, it's almost 2010!

Ah. Found it. 12-23-04 #2725 for Chrysta's gift! VOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 5th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Acquire any new Owls? I don't know if you know this, but there's a
female on the other side -- Athena -- a female god anyway, commonly
called a goddess.

I just updated by page on modern forgeries of these, adding a lot more
content, both visual and verbal:

http://rg.ancients.info/owls/forgeries.html

I actually have one more on the way and not yet illustrated there, a
donation from a dealer wanting to contribute to this effort. This page
still won't be anywhere near complete, just getting more and more
comprehensive, a hopefully useful service for collectors wanting to buy
what's arguably the most famous coin of all time but not wanting to get
scammed with a fake.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old October 5th 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Oct 5, 5:36�pm, Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Acquire any new Owls? I don't know if you know this, but there's a
female on the other side -- Athena -- a female god anyway, commonly
called a goddess.

I just updated by page on modern forgeries of these, adding a lot more
content, both visual and verbal:

http://rg.ancients.info/owls/forgeries.html

I actually have one more on the way and not yet illustrated there, a
donation from a dealer wanting to contribute to this effort. This page
still won't be anywhere near complete, just getting more and more
comprehensive, a hopefully useful service for collectors wanting to buy
what's arguably the most famous coin of all time but not wanting to get
scammed with a fake.

--

Consumer:http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur:http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit:http://rg.ancients.info/bogos

Are you John Carney's sockpuppet?
Old October 6th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Anka wrote:

Are you John Carney's sockpuppet?

Not the last time I checked. But I bet you're Athena Parthenos'
sockpuppet. You can say. Just don't tell me you're Pallas Athene's
sockpuppet because I know you're not.

Old October 6th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Marotta

Ipse dixet
---------------------

Newsgroups: rec.collecting.coins

Old October 6th 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Mike Marotta wrote:
Ipse dixet

Ooh. You know Latin. You must be a wise and learned scholar. You try to
convince others of this all the time. "He himself said it." Yes, I did,
though I wrote what I did in English, not Latin, because unlike you I
was trying to communicate to a broad audience.

Yes, I document fakes at my Web sites and in my articles and I will do
so in my books when I write them. And that's a bad thing -- you've said
so yourself, many times. Anything to do with fakes is bad, including
their study. Bad, bad, bad. "Devil worship," to use your choice and
revealing term.

The Bulletin on Counterfeits/Counterfeit Coin must have been a bad thing
too. It documented a great deal of fakes. Same with PCGS's book Coin
Grading and Counterfeit Detection, and Ilya Prokopov's six books
documenting ancient coin counterfeits emanating from Bulgaria. Same with
Martin Price and all the other authors of ancient, medieval, modern, and
other coin books who've reserved part of their plates to documenting
forgeries. Bad people, bad books.

You think this is all bad because as you've said many times all a person
needs to know is authentic coins in order to spot fakes. That's also
very wise and learned of you, revealing deep knowledge of the subject
matter.

I don't mind talking about this, again, after this hiatus, particular if
I can gain some new knowledge. Along this line, anybody come across and
new Athenian Owl forgeries lately that aren't documenting at my page on
these? If so, let me know. This is worked occasionally in the past.

The more we get the word out, and the pictures, the more we prevent
forgery scams among those who choose to educate themselves before
buying. It's also fun stuff, helping like this, studying forgeries,
revealing diagnostics, all the rest, part of the fun of collecting and
studying authentic coins. It's the ... flip side. g

You too, Anka. Send me one of your fakes, or a pic of one.

Old October 6th 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Giant Brain

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
Mike Marotta wrote:
Ipse dixet

Ooh. You know Latin. You must be a wise and learned scholar. You try to
convince others of this all the time. "He himself said it." Yes, I did, though
I wrote what I did in English, not Latin, because unlike you I was trying to
communicate to a broad audience.

Why are you always so angry?

An Owl for Anka Reid Goldsborough[_2_] Coins 0 May 27th 09 07:09 AM
An Owl for Anka Reid Goldsborough Coins 39 March 25th 09 04:57 PM
I got an Anka coin! Reid Goldsborough Coins 3 February 18th 07 04:29 AM
For Anka Reid Goldsborough Coins 5 January 8th 07 02:03 AM
PING ANKA F B Coins 5 March 21st 04 07:12 PM