Lincoln Five Dollar Bill

Old March 15th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Default Lincoln Five Dollar Bill

Hello

I was Just checking out the new Lincoln Five
Dollar Bill. Like all the other printed Money,
from the U.S. GOVERNMENT, it has the remarks
"THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL
DEBITS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE".

I was just thinking, maybe it should have the
remarks "THIS NOTE IS GOOD FOR ONE
GALLON OF GAS".

Sorry to all for my Bitching. Sucks to have your
wallet, and checking account drain, and not save
any on a check I get every Friday.

I need an outlet. Something more uplifting.

Old March 15th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On Mar 15, 4:13*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:
Hello

I was Just checking out the new Lincoln Five
Dollar Bill. Like all the other printed Money,
from the U.S. GOVERNMENT, it has the remarks
"THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL
DEBITS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE".

I was just thinking, maybe it should have the
remarks "THIS NOTE IS GOOD FOR ONE
GALLON OF GAS".

Sorry to all for my Bitching. Sucks to have your
wallet, and checking account drain, and not save
any on a check I get every Friday.

I need an outlet. Something more uplifting.

A visit to the gas station these days is about $40 for a fill up with
still having around 1/4 of a tank of gas left in the car.
Old March 15th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

wrote:
Hello

I was Just checking out the new Lincoln Five
Dollar Bill. Like all the other printed Money,
from the U.S. GOVERNMENT, it has the remarks
"THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL
DEBITS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE".

I was just thinking, maybe it should have the
remarks "THIS NOTE IS GOOD FOR ONE
GALLON OF GAS".

Sorry to all for my Bitching. Sucks to have your
wallet, and checking account drain, and not save
any on a check I get every Friday.

I need an outlet. Something more uplifting.

A visit to the gas station these days is about $40 for a fill up with
still having around 1/4 of a tank of gas left in the car.

My tank takes 13 UK gallons, to fill it up is £65, US$130.

If the USA had not invaded Afghanistan and Iraq you would be paying the
same. :-) Billy

Old March 15th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

wrote:

Hello

I was Just checking out the new Lincoln Five
Dollar Bill. Like all the other printed Money,
from the U.S. GOVERNMENT, it has the remarks
"THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL
DEBITS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE".

I was just thinking, maybe it should have the
remarks "THIS NOTE IS GOOD FOR ONE
GALLON OF GAS".

Sorry to all for my Bitching. Sucks to have your
wallet, and checking account drain, and not save
any on a check I get every Friday.

I need an outlet. Something more uplifting.

A visit to the gas station these days is about $40 for a fill up with
still having around 1/4 of a tank of gas left in the car.

My tank takes 13 UK gallons, to fill it up is £65, US$130.

If the USA had not invaded Afghanistan and Iraq you would be paying the
same. *:-) *Billy- Hide quoted text -

UK gas is heavily taxed from what I understand, otherwise with all of
the north sea oil it should be cheaper I would
think.
Old March 16th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Robert Dibbell

I filled up my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan the other day and it was more
expensive than what my monthly car payment was back in 1973. Ouch...

Bob

Old March 16th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Robert Dibbell" wrote in message
I filled up my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan the other day and it was more
expensive than what my monthly car payment was back in 1973. Ouch...

Bob

Filling my 15+ gallon tank today costs more than I paid for my first car,
inflation notwithstanding. (1949 Chevy bought for $50 in 1962) Being
retired, I truly feel sorry for those must use their car or SUV to commute.
Coulda easily been me. Still better on the nerves than those gas lines
back around 1973. At least the fuel is there for anyone who has the bucks
to pay for it. Small consolation.

Old March 16th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

note.boy wrote:
In the UK it would be good for half a UK gallon. Billy

Or about two litres, like they price it EVERYWHERE in the World outside of the
USofA (including in the UK).

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old March 16th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Robert Dibbell" wrote in message
I filled up my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan the other day and it was more
expensive than what my monthly car payment was back in 1973. Ouch...

Bob

Filling my 15+ gallon tank today costs more than I paid for my first car,
inflation notwithstanding. (1949 Chevy bought for $50 in 1962) Being
retired, I truly feel sorry for those must use their car or SUV to commute.
Coulda easily been me. Still better on the nerves than those gas lines
back around 1973. At least the fuel is there for anyone who has the bucks
to pay for it. Small consolation.

I can't see why anyone would consciously chose to use a tank-sized soove as a
cheap commuter car anymore. It would not surprise me at all to see Smarts
(and similar cars) becoming as common as dirt in the USofA within a few years.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Old March 16th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
. ..
Bruce Remick wrote:
"Robert Dibbell" wrote in message
I filled up my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan the other day and it was more
expensive than what my monthly car payment was back in 1973. Ouch...

Bob

Filling my 15+ gallon tank today costs more than I paid for my first car,
inflation notwithstanding. (1949 Chevy bought for $50 in 1962) Being
retired, I truly feel sorry for those must use their car or SUV to
commute. Coulda easily been me. Still better on the nerves than those
gas lines back around 1973. At least the fuel is there for anyone who
has the bucks to pay for it. Small consolation.

I can't see why anyone would consciously chose to use a tank-sized soove
as a cheap commuter car anymore. It would not surprise me at all to see
Smarts (and similar cars) becoming as common as dirt in the USofA within a
few years.

It's the folks with families who often have to have a van or SUV to haul
them all around PLUS maybe a high mpg commuter car. Public transportation
is great for those who commute into the cities from the suburbs. For many
others who must travel from suburb to suburb to work, there often are no
public transportation options. This sudden oil-dollar-gasoline perfect storm
thing has caught lots of people at a disadvantage. It sure has changed my
local driving habits. But vacation-wise, if I last spent $500 for 200
gallons of gas @ $2.50/gallon, I might now be spending $700 for those 200
gallons @ $3.50/gallon. A bummer, but not a vacation-buster.

Hysterical Two Dollar Bill and Dollar Coin video Fred Shecter Coins 1 April 22nd 07 08:18 PM
Hysterical Two Dollar Bill and Dollar Coin video Fred Shecter Paper Money 1 April 22nd 07 08:18 PM
Dollar bill lee Coins 2 April 3rd 06 07:11 PM
Bank teller tells me that dollar bill WILL be replaced by Golden Dollar coin! Fred Shecter Coins 127 August 25th 05 01:40 PM
Bank teller tells me that dollar bill WILL be replaced by Golden Dollar coin! Fred Shecter Paper Money 96 August 9th 05 01:55 PM