Teletrade Walker 1938D - What???

Old August 25th 04, 08:15 PM
Tom Kindschi

Default Teletrade Walker 1938D - What???

Take a look at this auction:

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.a...=1927&lot=1204

About 10 minutes after the auction started, it sits at a bid of $725.
Why??

One sold in Monday's auction at $110, and I don't see any difference.
Also can't find a reference to an exciting known variety in either Fox
or Cherry Picker's. There is a reference to a positional mintmark
variety from Breen in Fox, but no glowing statement of rarity or
interest.

So, what am I missing? Any Walker experts out there with a clue?

Tom
Old August 26th 04, 05:36 AM
Michael Ng

There is always the possibility that someone misaligned the rows/columns
when reading the price guide.

Old August 26th 04, 05:46 AM
Tom Kindschi

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:36:59 -0700, "Michael Ng"
wrote:

There is always the possibility that someone misaligned the rows/columns
when reading the price guide.

Maybe. But in order for it to be bid up that high I think it would
require TWO people to misread the price guides!

I'm more inclined to believe it was a mistake on the Teletrade side?
I guess since I haven't seen anyone pipe in with a "rare variety"
explanation, there's probably something odd with the auction.

Last bid I saw it was at $900. Now, 2 1/2 hours after bidding ended,
it's listed as "pending". I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it
disappear from the auction list, (i.e. "unsold"), and come up again in
a few weeks.

Tom

Seeling on Teletrade Cliff Coins 3 June 12th 04 04:00 PM
FA: Hour or so left for Gem Walker, 1943 Keith Fletcher Coins 0 November 23rd 03 01:34 AM
FA: Bust Cent and gem Walker Keith Fletcher Coins 3 November 21st 03 02:48 AM
Query: The House Called Hadlows by Victoria Walker Graeme & Chris Williams Books 20 November 15th 03 10:12 AM
MS69 1982 George Washington Halves TeleTrade results and population trivia.. Harv Coins 24 July 29th 03 08:47 PM