eBay auction: low BIN, pre-approved buyers -- fee avoidance?

Old July 19th 05, 06:12 PM
Bob Flaminio

Default eBay auction: low BIN, pre-approved buyers -- fee avoidance?

This is normally a $25-$35 item, but the seller put it up for a 99c BIN
for pre-approved buyers only. Anyone know why someone would do this,
aside from eBay fee avoidance?

--
Bob

Old July 19th 05, 07:09 PM
LM5403

No real clue, but I sure as hell wouldn't bid on anything from anybody who
spells coins and/or collectibles with a friggin' K. That's part of what's
wrong with a lot of things these days, people trying to be "cool" by using
K's and Z's in the place of C's and S's, along with a bunch of other crap.
Ebonics comes to mind; hip-hop-speak; etc. Whatever happened to American
English?

Old July 19th 05, 07:35 PM
joe

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:12:04 -0700, "Bob Flaminio"
allegedly wrote:

This is normally a $25-$35 item, but the seller put it up for a 99c BIN
for pre-approved buyers only. Anyone know why someone would do this,
aside from eBay fee avoidance?

Might be a decent (k)oin for just $5.99. Surprised someone hasn't
already BIN'd it. There must be some sort of ulterior motive like
trolling for ebay userids. Maybe just a mistake.

--
joe

http://www.usenet.com

Old July 19th 05, 08:45 PM
Bob Flaminio

PC wrote:
That's part of what's wrong with a lot of things these days, people
trying to be "cool" by using K's and Z's in the place of C's and
S's, along with a bunch of other crap. Ebonics comes to mind;
hip-hop-speak; etc. Whatever happened to American English?

F34r my l337 wr1t1ng sk1llz!!!!

OMGWTFLOL!1!1! PWN34ZZ!1!1one!

--
Bob

Old July 19th 05, 08:52 PM

x-no-archive: yes

Bob Flaminio wrote:

This is normally a $25-$35 item, but the seller put it up for a 99c BIN
for pre-approved buyers only. Anyone know why someone would do this,
aside from eBay fee avoidance?

My guess is the seller put it up for someone in particular who asked
for it, maybe not to break the eBay rule of selling privately. Or, more
likely, he let all his 'approved' buyers know in advance that if they
use the BIN for 99c he'll sell it to them, only they who subscribe to
his newsletter or whatever, for [x] amount above the BIN as a special
loyal-customers offer.

Just a couple of guesses, I don't know the seller.

Old July 19th 05, 09:46 PM
Gary Loveless

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:12:04 -0700, "Bob Flaminio"

This is normally a $25-$35 item, but the seller put it up for a 99c BIN
for pre-approved buyers only. Anyone know why someone would do this,
aside from eBay fee avoidance?

Trying to build up positive feedback?

Gary

'shot in the dark'

Old July 19th 05, 09:54 PM
Phil DeMayo

minutes ago I wrote:

I guess someone would have to apply for "pre-approved" status to see
if there are any strings attached. I'd sure like that 1940-S PCGS 64
WAlker for the 99 cents plus $7.00 shipping.....or the Community
Service commem or the two Atlanta Olympics UNC commems.

Well, I just "applied"....let you know what happens.