Does this auction look suspicious?

Old June 23rd 04, 02:59 AM
mike

Default Does this auction look suspicious?

The above is a current Ebay auction for a 1475 Rockola whose description and
pictures look like they were both taken directly from a 1475 at the bottom
of this webpage:

http://www.williams-amusements.co.uk/Products/juke.htm

and whose detailed pics are he
http://www.williams-amusements.co.uk...la%20tempo.jpg

Not calling anyone dishonest but this one sure looks fishy ; )

Old June 23rd 04, 03:32 AM
Ken In Texas

Finally, an auction where they didn't steal or hotlink to my page
I would be very suspicious of this auction as the seller has a feedback
of 0 and has only been a Member since Jun-21-04.

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Old June 23rd 04, 11:03 PM
David O'Grady

I asked for better pics. his reply was
Hi David,

The machine is in great condition , nothing missing . No big damages , just
few little scratches.I will sell it for 2000$ including shipping charges.
Where are you located ? hello David,

First of all , those are the only pics . What do you worry about ? about the
condition ? if you are not satisfied , you can return it back to us in 10
days . We will send your money back.

We would like to receive payment via Western Union if you agree.

Cheers

news

Old June 24th 04, 12:31 AM
KLR

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:03:10 +1000, "David O'Grady"
wrote:

I asked for better pics. his reply was
Hi David,

The machine is in great condition , nothing missing . No big damages , just
few little scratches.I will sell it for 2000$ including shipping charges.
Where are you located ? hello David,

First of all , those are the only pics . What do you worry about ? about the
condition ? if you are not satisfied , you can return it back to us in 10
days . We will send your money back.

We would like to receive payment via Western Union if you agree.

Cheers

Sounds pretty suss to me
Not only that the poor english (sounds like it was written by a
non-english first language speaker) in it also rings alarm bells with
me too.

news

Old June 24th 04, 01:43 AM
mike

Agreed. The Western Union bit says it all.

wrote:

I asked for better pics. his reply was
Hi David,

The machine is in great condition , nothing missing . No big damages ,

just
few little scratches.I will sell it for 2000$ including shipping charges.
Where are you located ? hello David,

First of all , those are the only pics . What do you worry about ? about

the
condition ? if you are not satisfied , you can return it back to us in 10
days . We will send your money back.

We would like to receive payment via Western Union if you agree.

Cheers

Sounds pretty suss to me
Not only that the poor english (sounds like it was written by a
non-english first language speaker) in it also rings alarm bells with
me too.

"mike" wrote in message
news

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=6104380 44

7&rd=1

Old June 25th 04, 06:31 AM
Larry Rohring

I contacted EBAY Security via email. This auction stinks worse that a
animal rendering plant !!! Never, Ever, Pay any auction with a money
transfer !!!
The following link is right from Western Union, please read !

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/mrkt_safety.html