Sankt Stephans Groschen - Coin?

Old December 30th 03, 02:31 AM
whohah

Dale, You have a GREAT website devoted to this segment of numisma. I've
not had an appreciation for Austrian stuff before; however, I enjoyed your
site so much I bookmarked it for future pleasurable reading.

Jay in Garrison, TX
State Champs in Football for 2003 Class 2A, Div. II
reply, if ya' wanna, to

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall Not this
wrote in message
As for value

The Aluminum examples of the St Stephans Groschen
in uncirculated condition are worth about
$2-$3 USD each. HOWEVER, on eBay circulated examples occasionally sell
for $4-$8 USD plus shipping and occasionally a little more. EBay result
always show the true price of an item but that doesn't always represent

the
true Worth
of that item :-)

Dale Hallmark

"zevim102" wrote in message
Thanks for the info.

Zevim
"Christian Feldhaus" wrote in message
zevim102 wrote:

I have an aluminum coin (?) about the size of a Half Dollar. On one

side it
says: 1 STEPHANS GROSCHEN and on the other side it has a picture of

large
cathedral with a date of 1950 with a text around it: SANKT STEPHANS

DOM
IN
WIEN. Can anyone identify it? Value?

Not a coin but a token. See Dale Hallmark's page about the
Stephansgroschen at

http://www.austriancoins.com/TokensS...nsGroschen.htm

Christian

Old December 30th 03, 04:15 AM
Dale Hallmark

"whohah" wrote in message
Dale, You have a GREAT website devoted to this segment of numisma. I've
not had an appreciation for Austrian stuff before; however, I enjoyed your
site so much I bookmarked it for future pleasurable reading.

Jay in Garrison, TX
State Champs in Football for 2003 Class 2A, Div. II
reply, if ya' wanna, to

Thanks!
It is up to about 50 pages and growing. About half coins and half tokens and
medals.
It is certainly a work in progress and full of misconceptions I am sure.
As my databases grow I am able to correct my errors but
outside comments are most welcome. Before the year is over I expect
to have several to half a dozen pages specifically about Austrian Mint
Engravers
and their work. Now that is a challenge to find information about! I still
have about 30mb room to grow
and am having a ball with it.

Dale
ANA #R 200710.