Waterman Hemisphere opinions?

Old July 24th 06, 02:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
RPJ

Default Waterman Hemisphere opinions?

I've searched old messages for some mention of the Waterman Hemisphere
but have found none. I found two reviews at
http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/rjm...s/waterman.htm
one good, one review not so favorable. Does anyone have experience with
the Hemisphere? I'm interested because I tried it and several other pens
in the same price range in a good pen store that let me ink all of them
and try them out. I liked the width of the Hemisphere nib, the
smoothness, weight and balance.

Bob
Old July 24th 06, 12:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Shintaro

RPJ wrote:
I've searched old messages for some mention of the Waterman Hemisphere
but have found none. I found two reviews at
http://faculty.haas.berkeley.edu/rjm...s/waterman.htm
one good, one review not so favorable. Does anyone have experience with
the Hemisphere? I'm interested because I tried it and several other pens
in the same price range in a good pen store that let me ink all of them
and try them out. I liked the width of the Hemisphere nib, the
smoothness, weight and balance.

Bob

I love the weight and the silver trims on my black hemisphere. I don't
have a lot of FP to compare it against (4 on the way(WM Phileas, WM
Charleston, Peli M800 & M300), thanks to Ebay) but its not as smooth as
the Cross Radiance. Having said that, it hasn't skipped on me and
looks/feels and lot more expensive than the Cross. I would buy another
hemisphere.

Old July 24th 06, 11:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
so what

I like Waterman pens, and have maybe 30 pens. The Hemisphere is a good
pen, but it is too narrow for me. It is not an expensive pen. I would
say buy it and see how well you like it. You could probably get one
from eBay for about 25.00.

Now, to JimL, I say get rid of the Watermans that made you mad. Send
them to me. :-P

Old July 26th 06, 01:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
JimL

so what wrote:
I like Waterman pens, and have maybe 30 pens. The Hemisphere is a good
pen, but it is too narrow for me. It is not an expensive pen. I would
say buy it and see how well you like it. You could probably get one
from eBay for about 25.00.

Now, to JimL, I say get rid of the Watermans that made you mad. Send
them to me. :-P

OK Diane, what will you give me for them? Retail price, of course ;-Q

I'm especially disappointed in my Opera. Gorgeous yet dignified pen.
Back to shop once or twice, I don't remember. (I hope the factory
isn't keeping track of my returns). I have a feeling some of the techs
now just clean up a pen, test write, and return it. The opera always
leaves an ink residue on the ring between the nib and finger grip - I
think that's where the nylon ring inside the cap "clicks" to close it.

It's one of my larger pens too large for shirt pocket, but I would be
willing to carry in a case if I could actually use it. But with the
leak, it's useless. Maybe I'll try a return once more, with a detailed
letter and the suggestion that the repair tech fill it and carry it in
her/her pocket for a week.