Selling Coin Collection

Old April 26th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Selling Coin Collection

On Apr 25, 8:12*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
"H. Renfro" wrote in message

.. .

The last person I would trust is a church-goer.

Most church-goers don't really believe in god anyway. *They just show up
thinking it might be insurance to get them out of a hell BBQ in case there
really is something after a wormy grave. *Another reason they show up is
covet their neighbor's wife.

Sounds kind of like Pascal's Wager to me.

James

Your witty remark goes down in a "Blaise" of Glory, mon vieux. Lost
on this group.

The silent church-goer and doer of good deeds is O.K. The church
people whom not to trust are the ones who wear it on their sleeves.

oly
Old April 26th 08, 12:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"oly" wrote in message
On Apr 25, 8:12 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
"H. Renfro" wrote in message

.. .

The last person I would trust is a church-goer.

Most church-goers don't really believe in god anyway. They just show up
thinking it might be insurance to get them out of a hell BBQ in case
there
really is something after a wormy grave. Another reason they show up is
covet their neighbor's wife.

Sounds kind of like Pascal's Wager to me.

James

Your witty remark goes down in a "Blaise" of Glory, mon vieux. Lost
on this group.

The silent church-goer and doer of good deeds is O.K. The church
people whom not to trust are the ones who wear it on their sleeves.

-------------------------------

I offer my observations to all, knowing that some will be understood by few.
It's an extension of my teaching days. 8)

I heartily support and defend your second proposition, mon frère.

James

Old April 26th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 02:59:05 -0700 (PDT), oly wrote:

On Apr 25, 8:12*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
"H. Renfro" wrote in message

.. .

The last person I would trust is a church-goer.

Most church-goers don't really believe in god anyway. *They just show up
thinking it might be insurance to get them out of a hell BBQ in case there
really is something after a wormy grave. *Another reason they show up is
covet their neighbor's wife.

Sounds kind of like Pascal's Wager to me.

James

Your witty remark goes down in a "Blaise" of Glory, mon vieux. Lost
on this group.

Not lost on those of us that are certified divers.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old April 29th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:37:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks for all the advice - I knew zilch when I started a couple of
days ago. Now I know this nickels are made of nickel and almost
worthless unless they have a date on them. composite half and silver
dollars are worth very little also. However I do have a lot of indian
head pennies - and a several rolls of silver coins from 10 cents to
dollars. Am getting some of the cardboard holders with plastic covers
and will pick out some of the more valuable examples from test rolls
and schlep them around to see what kind of cut the dealers are
taking.

Another amusing thing is oly and rf's obsession with my posts. I have
exposed them as trolls with nothing positive to contribute, but they
continue to hide behind killfiles, coward-like, and yap at those who
have figured them out (shrug).

If there are enough valuable coins - might try ebay - or something on
line.

Right. Pick the keys, sell those individually, and sell the bulk silver
as it is, for what it is. I'm sure our resident idiots will find fault
with this approach, and I'm OK with that.

Thanks again - I really dread getting taken by crooks - but like
anything else there are honest people as well as crooks in any
profession.

Buy the redbook & figure out wotcher got.

Old April 29th 08, 06:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 28, 8:26*pm, Dave Hinz wrote:
[...]

People who happen along here need to know that YOU, Hinz, know nothing
and that your pretentious suggestions border on the ridiculous.

People who have a few hundred dollars worth of coins don't need to
gear up and somehow transform themselves into coin dealers. They
don't need the Red Book (especially don't need to buy one), and they
don't need ebay. They are best served being sent to a somewhat honest
dealer in their area whose check doesn't bounce. Dave Hinz doesn't
even know who those people are. That's why Dave Hinz is a doob with
his whitie-tighties down around his ankles with the white stuff
dribbling out his butthole. Let THAT be proclaimed across the
killfile net.

Dave Hinz is a know-nothing phoney coin ****.

oly

Old April 29th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Apr 28, 9:26*pm, Dave Hinz wrote:

Another amusing thing is oly and rf's obsession with my posts. *I have
exposed them as trolls with nothing positive to contribute, but they
continue to hide behind killfiles, coward-like, and yap at those who
have figured them out (shrug).

Hinz, you incredible putz, it's YOU who hides behind a killfile.
You brag about it constantly.
In fact, your love for your killfile forms the bulk of your posts
here.
Seldom, if ever, do you post anything even remotely on-topic.
You are a coward, a blowhard and a hypocrite.
Old April 29th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_8_]

oly wrote:

Dave Hinz is a know-nothing phoney coin ****.

But he is the world's leading expert on "nymshifting". So there!

oly

Old April 30th 08, 09:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Helen Wallace

"RF" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 5:44 pm, reality wrote:
Honest dealers usually pay between 75% and 90% of the prices...

Honest dealers = oxymoron

Your constant bashing of dealers gets really old honey...

--
Helen Wallace
R.E. Wallace Stamps & Coins

Old April 30th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Helen Wallace

"reality" wrote in message

I figured you for a ****ing faggot. Thanks for the confirmation.

Please don't use that language in the coin group.

Old April 30th 08, 09:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.

"Helen Wallace" wrote in message
t...

"reality" wrote in message

I figured you for a ******* ######. Thanks for the confirmation.

Please don't use that language in the coin group.

Please don't quote that language in the coin group.