FA: Ebay coins with no reserve

Old April 30th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

Default FA: Ebay coins with no reserve

On Apr 29, 7:58*pm, "John Mazor" wrote:
*It's really annoying to have to work around this anomaly.

Oh boo hoo.
Old April 30th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Mazor

"RF" wrote in message
On Apr 29, 7:58 pm, "John Mazor" wrote:
It's really annoying to have to work around this anomaly.

Oh boo hoo.

You're one of the guilty parties, jackass, so this was about all I expected from you.

Old April 30th 08, 08:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Helen Wallace

"tony cooper" wrote in message

There is nothing to stop you from providing descriptive text that
identifies a variety. There is nothing to stop you from suggesting
that bidders check the current prices for the variety being offered.
There is nothing to stop you from providing the name of the sources
that should be checked.

In short, you are only prohibited from assigning a dollar value or
specific grade. If you can't figure out how to provide the necessary
information in an acceptable format, that's due to your lack of
inventiveness. It's not eBay's fault.

If you'd put half as much time in figuring out how to do things right
as you do in bitching about what's wrong, you'd be too busy filling
orders to spend time here.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

My husband conducted auctions here for many years and we were required to
provide an estimate on every lot.

--
Helen Wallace
R.E. Wallace Stamps & Coins

Old April 30th 08, 09:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Helen Wallace

"RF" wrote in message
On Apr 28, 6:08 pm, oly wrote:

"Hello Friends..." SNORKK!!! snicker...snork.

Good one Frank. You sure are one hale fellow well met...

Nice to know that he has kept his ability to be ironic.

I think Frank has many friends on here. I have posted on the usenet for
many years, and Frank has been constantly and unfairly attacked. I give
him credit for not letting himself be run off.

--
Helen Wallace
R.E. Wallace Stamps & Coins

Old April 30th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Helen Wallace" wrote in message
[...]

So he conducted his own eBay auctions in Ft Worth? You know, eBay
auctions-- what this thread is all about.

Old April 30th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Apr 30, 8:42*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Helen Wallace" wrote in message

"tony cooper" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

auctions-- what this thread is all about.- Hide quoted text -

Poor Frankie gets confused when he puts on a dress and pretends to be
Helen.
Old April 30th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Apr 30, 4:00*am, "Helen Wallace"
wrote:

I think Frank has many friends on here. *

Care to name one?
Meatpuppets/sockpuppets don't count.

I have posted on the usenet for many years,

Every post I see from you is directly related to Frank.
Is it any wonder that people believe that you are merely one of
Frank's sockpuppets?

and Frank has been constantly and unfairly attacked. *I give
him credit for not letting himself be run off.

There must be a reason for someone to be "constantly attacked".

Old April 30th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Apr 30, 8:42*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

So he conducted his own eBay auctions in Ft Worth? * You know, eBay
auctions-- what this thread is all about.- Hide quoted text -

This is an alleged photo of Fwankie conducting one of his "fire sale"
auctions:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-4/1307148/frank.jpg
Old April 30th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Apr 30, 11:05*am, "Jim Menning" wrote:
"Helen Wallace" wrote in message

My husband conducted auctions here for many years and we were required to
provide an estimate on every lot.

Where is "here"? *Texas? *We are talking about selling on eBay "here", not your local
public auctions.

On eBay users have agreed to abide by their rules. *If they want to constantly mock
and violate the rules, they should be suspended, then terminated.

Fwankie and his sock puppet(s) seem to be unable to comprehend the
difference between eBay auctions and live public auctions.
eBay has its own procedures and regulations which, apparently, are
quite different than those of public auctions in Texas.
Nevertheless, after being told repeatedly of rule violations both by
eBay and posters to this group, certain sellers exhibit a deliberate
obtuseness and inexplicably continue to list auctions that violate
eBay regs, even though they clearly should know better.
Is it idiocy, iconoclasm, deliberate stupidity? I don't know.
Maybe just being hot-headed?
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-4/1307148/frank.jpg

Old April 30th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Apr 30, 10:18*am, "Jim Menning" wrote:

RF posts from more than one location. *When he posts via hotmail/teranews (
), his posts do allow for proper attributes. *Also when he posts through
hotmail/teranews, the header shows no reference to Mozilla or Google on that
computer. *It's only his posts from the Google account ( ) that
have the problem.

My guess is it's something in Mozilla or Google, or the combination of the two.

I do not have Mozilla on my system, but there seems to be a misplaced
open
paren in the Google system descriptor when people use Internet
Explorer 7.

It SHOULD read

5.1; .NET CLR
1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0),

Instead, it reads: