Tech question :1954 AMI- F 120 high pitch feedback comming from speakers

Old May 19th 05, 07:51 PM
woodrails

Default Tech question :1954 AMI- F 120 high pitch feedback comming from speakers

Hi I am having a problem with My Jukebox. I am getting some sort of
high pitched feedback or noise comming through my speakers this only
happens when I play a record. This noise gets worse if I lift the tone
arm up off the record and you can then just hear this high pitch
feedback noise. I have never run into this problem before. The jukebox
has always played records without any problems this nosie just started
happening today. I am hopeing that someone may have run into this
problem before and can help me out. I could use some tech advise
through e-mail or I could call you over the phone because I have free
long distance. Thanks for listening and I hope someone can help me out.

Mickey

from Hamlin NY, Near Rochester.

Old May 20th 05, 11:19 AM
Juke Dude

Mickey, sounds, (pardon the pun), like you have a bad tube in your amp. Try
gently tapping the bigger tubes then the smaller ones to see if your noise
increases or spikes when hit. Use the handle of a screwdriver or piece of
wood is prefferable. Had the same problem with an Ami J200, turned out to be
a bad tube! Hope this helps.
Cheers, Steve.

ups.com...