End of the Affair - Graham Greene dust jacket

Old March 12th 04, 01:11 AM
Kevin

Default End of the Affair - Graham Greene dust jacket

I have a decent copy of Greene's 1951 "The End of the Affair"
published by William Heinemann. This was purchased from a less than
reputable seller who failed to mention that it was sans dj. Such is
life. Now I didn't buy this book as an investment, it happens to be my
favorite Greene book and in fact one of my favorite books. I would
very much like to have a true dust jacket for it but realize that is a
bit of a pipe dream. But if some kind soul would scan his or her copy
of the dust cover for me I would very much appreciate it. Something at
300dpi or better would work well.

Thanks very much.
Kevin
Old March 12th 04, 02:43 AM
henry

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:11:55 -0800, Kevin wrote:

I have a decent copy of Greene's 1951 "The End of the Affair"
published by William Heinemann. This was purchased from a less than
reputable seller who failed to mention that it was sans dj. Such is
life. Now I didn't buy this book as an investment, it happens to be my
favorite Greene book and in fact one of my favorite books. I would
very much like to have a true dust jacket for it but realize that is a
bit of a pipe dream. But if some kind soul would scan his or her copy
of the dust cover for me I would very much appreciate it. Something at
300dpi or better would work well.

Thanks very much.
Kevin

You can get a facsimile jacket at Facsimile Dust Jackets. Their stuff is
very nicely done, and a reasonable price.

Here's the link for the Graham Greene page....

http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/...ml?id=eGafhgrt

Old March 12th 04, 12:29 PM
Kevin

henry wrote in message

You can get a facsimile jacket at Facsimile Dust Jackets. Their stuff is
very nicely done, and a reasonable price.

Here's the link for the Graham Greene page....

http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/...ml?id=eGafhgrt

Thanks very much for the heads up. I can't help but feel alarmed that
this service exists. I hope it's obvious that these are copies. But at
$20 I will have to pass my self.

Take care.
Kevin
Old March 12th 04, 09:08 PM
henry

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 04:29:09 -0800, Kevin wrote:

henry wrote in message

You can get a facsimile jacket at Facsimile Dust Jackets. Their stuff is
very nicely done, and a reasonable price.

Here's the link for the Graham Greene page....

http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/...ml?id=eGafhgrt

Thanks very much for the heads up. I can't help but feel alarmed that
this service exists. I hope it's obvious that these are copies. But at
$20 I will have to pass my self.

Take care.
Kevin

Yes, they're clearly marked "Facsimile Dust Jacket" on the top of the
front flap.

Why would you be alarmed at being able to purchase jacket reproductions?
In some cases, it may be the ONLY way to get a jacket for a particular
title--at least absent a small fortune. For example, I bought a repro for
"This Is Murder" by Charles Kenny (Erle Stanley Gardner)--I've been
looking for 5 years and have only seen one real jacketed copy--and that
one tattered and sold for $600. The facsimile protects my copy and looks
nice, and until I can get a real one it will do.

Hope you are able to find what you're looking for.

henry

Old March 13th 04, 02:53 AM
Kevin

Henry the only reason I was alarmed was the worry that someone might
make a copy where it wasn't clearly marked as a "facsimily" and that
someone might not know they were buying a fake dj. Other that that I
have no concerns at all. If someone does scan me a cover I will, if
they haven't, mark it up as a copy.

So far no offers...

Kevin