Rugby World Cup

Old November 24th 03, 12:11 PM
tony

Default Rugby World Cup

During the last Football World Cup the PO planned
a special miniature sheet in case we won, which
of course we didn't.

We have now won the Rugby World Cup. A magnificent
result and achievement, but sadly there are NO
plans to commemorate this victory.

For once they are not going to fleece the philatelist.

--
Tony Clayton or
Coins of the UK :
Old November 24th 03, 02:38 PM
Rodney

May I congratulate your country on a magnificent win.
They were indeed the best team on the day,
and the entire series was played in admirable spirit,
a fine advertisement for the game in general.

I was kicking the footy around with my son this arvo, (Aussie Rules)
and there were 3 little tackers, placing a ball on mounds of sand
clasping their hands together in the Jonny style, and kicking
goals (in their imagination)
Rugby has come to the suburbs!

--

(Remove gum to reply)

"tony" wrote in message ...
| During the last Football World Cup the PO planned
| a special miniature sheet in case we won, which
| of course we didn't.
|
| We have now won the Rugby World Cup. A magnificent
| result and achievement, but sadly there are NO
| plans to commemorate this victory.
|
| For once they are not going to fleece the philatelist.
|
| --
| Tony Clayton
or

Old December 12th 03, 10:19 AM
malcolm hirst

Perhaps the PO were afraid that they might have got the wrong team.
With England,Scotland and Wales in the running perhaps it would have
been too expensive ( or politically embarrassing ) to consider. For me
its academic anyway I'm a League not a Union man ( non-Rugby playing
nationals switch off at this point)

I would agree though that Rugby world-wide is the winner - and none of
that horrible violence which accompanies soccer matches in this
country!!

Malcolm

"tony" wrote in message ...
| During the last Football World Cup the PO planned
| a special miniature sheet in case we won, which
| of course we didn't.
|
| We have now won the Rugby World Cup. A magnificent
| result and achievement, but sadly there are NO
| plans to commemorate this victory.
|
| For once they are not going to fleece the philatelist.
|
| --
| Tony Clayton
or