The *Geekies*

Old May 31st 05, 01:12 PM
Lynne Stewart

Default The *Geekies*

Welcome to the ST Auctionne Anniversary whoop de do!

The auctionne was started in 1996 via email! First posted in March of 1996.
Over the Memorial Day weekend of 1997, my hubby converted the auctionne to a
*semi-automated format* and we went live, so I tend to think of that as the
date of our *celebration* although I think I'll celebrate the 10 anniversary
next year in March.

So, there ya go. I've commented numerous times about my opinions of the
*place* the ST Auctionne holds, for the good or the bad and my thoughts on
all our great users. No sense repeating it, let's just get to the fun stuff.

I'll be holding little contests all week and also randomly awarding buyers
and sellers with a goodie prize. Anyone listing items this week or bidding
on them has a chance at receiving one of these random goodie prizes.

I've got at least a few *great* prizes lined up, more on that as the week
progresses.

The first thing is a new yearly (sure Lynne, be so darn slow it takes you 10
years to think to do it :sigh awards program called the Geekies (thanks to
NSU at www.nonsportupdate.com for the name tweak from their Gummies)
Everyone who votes in the express vote will get a Geekies card designed by
Kristen Stewart. As soon as the company sends me the proof of the card, I'll
scan it so you can see what it looks like. The card backs will have the
winners of the voting. There is two versions, an express and a
comprehensive. The comprehensive is more time consuming and everyone who
enters this one will be entered into a random draw for a hand drawn sketch
by Warrren Martineck featuring the *Geekies Award*. I'll post a scan of this
card as soon as Warren draws it I'd love for everyone to do the
comprehensive, and you have allll summer So, visit
http://www.jklm.net/atn/thegeekies.htm

BEFORE voting, please check and see if I've left anything out. Anything
wrong with the logic of the voting. After it seems like I've covered it all,
we can let the voting begin Next year, we'll vote on the releases of
2005. I admit, we'll only have a few sets to chose from, so maybe we can
make the categories we select more creative..like silliest pose, prettiest
smile, that sort of thing

More contests announced throughout the week. If you haven't visited, do
consider stopping by to either bid or sell.

--
Lynne Stewart http://www.jklm.net/
KLM Enterprises, Inc. Home of the Trek Card Geek!

***
Ask about the Card Collective Collector's Edition-a Star Trek cards
CDROM-images, info, checklists. Now with free promos and wrapper reward
card!!!

Old May 31st 05, 06:01 PM
spidergoblin

Congrats on your anniversary Lynne.
Looking forward to The "Geekies",sounds like fun.

Bernie
NSU/spidergoblin

Old June 1st 05, 04:53 PM
Lynne Stewart

I look foreword to your entry The more we get, the better picture of how
people like their Trek cards we'll get