need help with overprint

Old June 12th 05, 09:07 AM
Chris

Default need help with overprint

Hello all,

i had :
- german stamps with 'cent' overprinted on them
- poland stamps with 'S.O 1920'
- fiume stamps with ' Reggenza italiana del carnaro'

can someone help me to identify them?

thanks in advance
Christel

Old June 12th 05, 01:47 PM
Rodney

- poland stamps with 'S.O 1920'

Eastern Silesia Scott #46 (1kr)
Plebiscite issue,
see here
http://www.linns.com/howto/refresher...shercourse.asp

HTH

Old June 12th 05, 05:09 PM
TC

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:07:29 +0200, "Chris"
wrote:

Hello all,

i had :
- german stamps with 'cent' overprinted on them
- poland stamps with 'S.O 1920'
- fiume stamps with ' Reggenza italiana del carnaro'

can someone help me to identify them?

thanks in advance
Christel

Some more details or a scan would help.

German stamps were overrinted "centomos" for offices in Morocco.
They were overprinted in "centimes" for use in the Ottoman Empire.

Pola

Fiume was invaded by Italian legionnaires , under Gabriele
d'Annunzio, in 1920. They occupied the islands of Arbe and
Veglia in the Gulf of Carnaro. A number of stamps were
overprinted to commemorate this.

Old June 12th 05, 05:35 PM
Chris

it is better with a scan !
http://cjoint.com/?gmsG3HcPVI

Old June 12th 05, 11:04 PM
Gerhard Reichert

Hi Christel,

Poland stamp is Poland voting 1920 for east-Silesia, Spis and Orava. People
had to decide by plebiscite where to go after WWI. Catalogue value Michel
Eastern Europe 1998/99 0,10 €.
Michel # is 3 for this issue.

Stamp overprinted with Cent is Germany, WWI Occupation "Etappengebiet West"
Part of Belge) , Michel # 4 and 6 , Catalogue value 1,00 € and 1,20 €.

The Fiume overprinted stamp is Fiume occupation of Carnaro Island 1920,
Michel # 1, catalogue value 1,00 €.

best regards

Gerhard
"Chris" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
it is better with a scan !
http://cjoint.com/?gmsG3HcPVI

Old June 12th 05, 11:51 PM
TC

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:35:47 +0200, "Chris"
wrote:

it is better with a scan !
http://cjoint.com/?gmsG3HcPVI

Hello Chris:

Item (1) and (2)
France : 1916 German Occupation Alsace-Lorraine
10 cent. on 10 pf. Scott #N18 catalogue value $0.50 mint
25 cent. on 20 pf. Scott #N20 catalogue value $0.80 mint

Item (3)
Fiume : 1920 Nov 20 Italian Occupation by d'Annunzio's legionnaires
1c on 5c green Scott #104 catalogue value $0.85 mint
http://fiume.biography.ms/

Item (4)
Eastern Silesia 1920
Opt "S O 1920" Silesie Orientale on Poland
15 f light red Scott #43 catalogue value $0.20 mint
http://eastern-silesia.biography.ms/

I hope that this assists you.

Blair (TC)

Old June 14th 05, 02:42 AM
Rodney

Serendipity strikes again!
I was chatting with a guy the some time ago about knots
on stamps, and queried the Gordian knot.
I just realised your Fiume issue, is the elusive one.