FleaBay Flung Dung Today

Old September 7th 04, 02:54 AM
Mark Cooper

"Scottishmoney" wrote in
:

"Padraic Brown" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:20:41 -0400, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

At least the auction was not pulled, and they will duly collect
their FAV fee. But it maybe their last.
I tried to do something good, and beneficial to a near and dear
cause,

and
wow I get the big slap on the arse from fleaBay.

I'd be curious as to the actual wording of their reprimand to you. If
it's no trouble, could you post the text?

By the way, glad the auction went through!

Padraic.

Dear scottishmoney
We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following item:

Bank of Scotland £5 1968 EF-AU For Charity Item number: 3927050958

However, your listing is in violation of eBay policy. We would like
to take this opportunity to
let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing contains the following information:

In Description: " I only accept Paypal payments from balances or bank
accounts only, NO CREDIT
CARDS, I will REFUSE credit card payments"[paypal logo indicates that
credit card payments are
accepted]

But don't you have to have a premier account to take credit cards?

Mark
Old September 7th 04, 01:42 PM
Bob Peterson

1. I did not know it was against their rules to not allow refusal of paypal
if you have to pay the fee. That must be a new rule. Not too surprising.

2. I can't say I blame them for not wanting "outside" links, I gather that
is links other than to your own website.

I would not get all that riled up about it. Its their game and they make
the rules.

"Scottishmoney" wrote in message
The ******s at fleaBay, notified me that my auction is in violation of
some
BS rule about charities, some BS rule about not accepting credit cards,
and
then some BS rule about outside links. Okay I listed the note in the
auction to benefit the JDRF, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and
was going to donate in my cousin's name.

But they will let bungholes list fakes for sale, and NOT pull the auction.
Have a look at this before they pull this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Go Figure.

Ebay sucks.

Dave

--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

---

Old September 7th 04, 02:54 PM
Scottishmoney

Yep, Bob, your right it is their game and they can do whatever they want.
But they SHOULDN'T bury their freakin "thou shalt nots" deep in the gunnels
of their site. Frankly I like to play by the rules, I don't sell
counterfiets, I don't sell porn, I don't sell stuff with swastikas to Neo
Nazi types in Germany and France, I send stuff when it is paid for, and I
pay for stuff I bid on. I have used eBay since March of 1997, and have had
some three hundred plus transactions. In the last year I have somewhat
avoided eBay for selling and buying. The reasons are their pushing of
paypal, their weird fee structure, and the constant dinging for more fees.

Their company has grown exponentially since I first used it to bid on a
British Linen £5 note from 1968. Back then it was a friendly company with
mostly friendly people trading on it. Now it is some monstrosious
conglomerate that basically shuts out the little guy selling a piece or two.

Heritage and I-Goldberg can have auctions on their eBay site, including the
latter with a ban paypal logo. But they are big money #### dealers and I am
small potatoes.

Dave

Old September 7th 04, 11:53 PM
Bob Peterson

I too am an occasional buyer/seller. I can understand your frustration at
rules you might not have a way of knowing, but its not as if they beat you
on the head. They just politely notified you that you were in violation of
their rules.

As far as I know, there is no requirement that you allow Paypal, only that
if you do allow paypal, you have to accept payments from whatever source.