rock-ola Gazelle/Harley Davidson CD wiring

Old February 24th 11, 12:35 AM
dalew dalew is offline
Junior Member

Default rock-ola Gazelle/Harley Davidson CD wiring

I have amid 1990's Rock-ola/Antique Apparatus "black system" cd playing juke that has 2 wires pulled out of the J1 plug that attaches to the CD player from the computer.
I have figured out where one of the wires goes BUT I cant see where the second wire connects to the plug. It piggy backs on one of the other terminals, but I dont know which one.
The repair manual doesnt have a wiring diagram that shows this section of the harness.
Does ANYONE have a earlier Rock-ola and can look at the vertical, large, white, 11 terminal plug that comes off of the flat grey ribbon wiring harness that connects to the cd player, coming from the computer and the power source and tell me which terminal (besides #1 which is already double wired, and #4, which is blank) has two wires going to it?
Old February 24th 11, 01:41 AM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Dale,

I don't have an original harness to look at, but here is the drawing for the harness for a CDM-12 or CDPro as used in the wallmount jukes. Maybe you can make some sense of it along with having your harness in hand.

I could possibly borrow a harness if necessary, but that might take a few days.

Otherwise, you could order a new harness from a Rock-Ola distributor.

Respectfully,

David
Attached Images

Old February 24th 11, 02:58 AM
dalew dalew is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
Nope, unfortunately,that is nothing like it.
My harness has three plugs; a 30 pin P2 plug that comes off of the computer and plugs into the power block and the CD player making a total of only three plugs.
I need to know where the wire that comes off of terminal #10 on the P2 plug attaches to on the back of the J1 plug. It has to piggy back onto one of the 10 terminals that are used (#4 is blocked off), but all the Rowe/Rock-ola wiring diagrams I've seen so far for this harness are useless! Without traceable routes from specifically labeled pins or terminals, beginning to end, there is not much value to their illustrations.
Apparently they dont consider this a repairable part....
Thank you for trying to help me though. I do appreciate the effort.
Hopefully someone with a similar box will see this and can just look at their CD player plug and tell me which terminal is double wired (besides #1, at the top of the plug, which already IS double wired...).
Thank you again,
Dale