Coin Talk Needs You

Old September 12th 03, 07:15 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Peter T Davis wrote:

You are mistaken, or lying, I'm not sure which.

I beg your pardon:

Currently Active Users in this Forum: 12 (1 members and 11 guests)
Forum Moderators
J.Craton

When I first visited, Reid must have been 'in the forum'. In my browser
window those names appear directly beneath the heading 'Forum Moderators;.

Mea Maxima Culpa.

Alan
'moderation is all things'

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
Peter T Davis wrote:

It's actually not that new of a post. What's new is that it's now

showing
up when people search for ASA Accugrade at places like Google, and it's
pulling new viewers daily.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

Your post attracted my attention for a single viewing, Peter. I see
Reid Goldsborough listed as a 'Site Moderator'. The appropriate analogy
would be Pee Wee Herman as the spotter at a Bench Press contest.

Alan
'no bookmark for me, thanks'

Old September 12th 03, 07:29 PM
Peter T Davis

Sorry Alan, you're misreading something, and probably just trying to stir up
trouble (wouldn't be the first time you've done that to me .)
The only one moderating Coin Talk is me. That doesn't mean I won't have
others moderate it for me in the future, just it hasn't been a necessity
yet.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

Old September 12th 03, 07:39 PM
Edward McGrath

I love freedom of speech and I know from experience moderated forums
SUCK BIG TIME!!!!! Some people say RCC is like the wild west because
there is no moderator. I see RCC as a place that has individuals that
are free thinking independent people with strong beliefs and opinions.
When you have these type of people mixing in a room flame wars are
inevitable but flame wars die down and peace returns and all subjects
return to coins with out the help of a moderator. If RCC had a moderator
how many of us would still be here? NOT I. I view moderators in any news
group as "BIG BROTHER".. aside from the flame wars most of the people
that post to RCC are decent, kind and generous and of course we some
times show our dark side but it's all real not like a moderated NG were
everyone takes turns kissing the moderators ass. ED

Old September 12th 03, 08:00 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Peter T Davis wrote:

Sorry Alan, you're misreading something, and probably just trying to stir up
trouble (wouldn't be the first time you've done that to me .)

Well, you're wrong, and obviously misreading the apology I just posted.
Since I haven't the slightest clue or care as to who you are, why would
I want to 'stir up trouble' with you?

'www.myveryownsandbox.com'
Old September 12th 03, 08:39 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Peter T Davis wrote:

Sorry Alan, you're misreading something, and probably just trying to stir up
trouble (wouldn't be the first time you've done that to me .)

Well, I've been to GOOGLE and back. I searched this newsgroup for posts
that contained our names. All I found is an argument in which I
disagreed with you about a $44 loss you took on ebaY. The seller
claimed the package was lost in the mail after you refused insurance.
You said he was a liar and that you were getting a lawyer. I suggested
that you had brought the situation on yourself. You then called me a
'liberal jackass'.

If that is 'causing you trouble', you should be thankful you have lived
such a quiet life. ;-)

Alan
'leaves no doubt when causing trouble'
Old September 12th 03, 08:53 PM
Peter T Davis

Me saying I'm going to a lawyer is far fetched, but me calling you a jackass
sounds about right.
Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

Old September 12th 03, 09:44 PM
Edward McGrath

Peter, I can tell by the way you treated "Alan & Erin Williams in this
thread that you are a typical moderator. Alan is lucky to be able to
respond to you, if you moderated this coin room I doubt he would be
given the chance to respond. Moderators, little men wishing they had
real power.

Old September 12th 03, 11:09 PM
Stujoe

In article ,
Edward McGrath spoke thusly...
DANGER COINTALK IS MODERATED!!!!!!

Let me guess...you've been kicked off of a few moderated forums, eh?
:-)

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):
Old September 12th 03, 11:11 PM
Stujoe

In article , Alan & Erin Williams
spoke thusly...
Peter T Davis wrote:

You are mistaken, or lying, I'm not sure which.

I beg your pardon:

Currently Active Users in this Forum: 12 (1 members and 11 guests)
Forum Moderators
J.Craton

When I first visited, Reid must have been 'in the forum'. In my browser
window those names appear directly beneath the heading 'Forum Moderators;.

Mea Maxima Culpa.

Whew. You floored me with that one. I thought Reid had some kind of
affiliation with the site (through hosting his web articles or
something) but a moderator would have shocked me.

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):
http://www.TheStujoeCollection.com/news.htm

How to avoid getting cheated on eBay - periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 1 August 16th 03 01:30 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM
A coin I like but you probably won't Bill Krummel Coins 11 August 3rd 03 01:50 PM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM
Coin returns and a question about toning Bill Krummel Coins 28 July 11th 03 02:09 AM