Fountain pens mentioned ...

Old February 5th 07, 01:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Speedmaster

Default Fountain pens mentioned ...

Earl Shigemoto, fountain-pen authority
"Earl Shigemoto, Honolulu fountain pen dealer, collector, repairman
and recognized authority on fine writing instruments, died Friday of
heart failure. He was 60."
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...0349/1187/NEWS

Get it in writing: no fountain pens
"I read in one of the two or three dozen high-end magazines
circulating around Lakewood Ranch that the fountain pen is making a
comeback.
I do not know if the author of the article is old enough to ever have
used a fountain pen, but my guess is that he or she is not."
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...ST23/702010332

On the paper trail: Not everything is better with a BlackBerry
"Who would have thought? In this era of PDFs, email attachments and
instant messaging, it looks like plain old paper is making a comeback.
Stationery stores report double-digit increases in the sales of
writing journals and paper planners."
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...7-b2d1c8283f74

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

Old February 7th 07, 02:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea

"Speedmaster" wrote in message
oups.com...
Earl Shigemoto, fountain-pen authority
"Earl Shigemoto, Honolulu fountain pen dealer, collector, repairman
and recognized authority on fine writing instruments, died Friday of
heart failure. He was 60."
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...0349/1187/NEWS

Thank you for posting this. Although I couldn't remember his name, and being
on the road am unable to check my notes at home, Mr. Shigemoto was the
Japanese fp collector to whom I was referring in my posts about how the
Namiki "soft" nib is really a translation problem from the English
"flexible" into Japanese which doesn't have the same word, back to English.

Although I met him only once, he was a very nice man, most willing to share
his love of fountain pens. I was hoping to see him again when next I had the
opportunity to be in Honolulu. Unfortunately for me, that is not to be.

--
~~Bluesea~~