Need help with AMI E-80 problem.

Old July 7th 18, 09:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Need help with AMI E-80 problem.

On Monday, December 3, 2001 at 7:26:18 AM UTC-6, Philip Nasadowski wrote:
The carriage does not move
from left to right and does not pick up the 45, play it, then put it
back in the rack.

Check:

The rectifier - yours is probbably shot. Esp if you have to hit the
selection button a few times to get it to go, or if your clicks are
wimpy. Hook a motor directly to te 24V supply for a sec or two, see if
it run powerfully and smoothly.

The switches in the mech. Might be dirty or making bad contact. Get an
adjuster to adjust them!

Voltage at the junction box on the mech board.

Motors. Sometimes they get dirty enough to not want to run. Give an
armature a push and see if it spins.

I'm willing to bet, unless the wiring is REALLY bad or you've got a
broken wire, it's your rect. My D-40 wouldn't select well or play well
when I got it. A new sillicon rect from Radio Shack made it a tad
better than new (the voltage comes out a bit higher, but it runs ok).

Oh yeah, and plug the turntable back into the amp

Have fun!

--
To email me, remove the XXXX from my address, and replace it with "mail"

This is old post but maybe you sre still playing with jukebox. I need help

R-89 AMI pre-amp problem jukeboxrobert Juke Boxes 5 January 17th 13 12:54 AM
Anyone else have this problem? sgt23 Coins 6 January 26th 08 10:22 PM
Help with a problem qfwfq Coins 2 January 9th 08 11:58 AM
i have a problem, need help. Gina Paper Money 0 May 7th 06 03:44 PM
smc 1 problem Chips4sle Juke Boxes 1 January 6th 04 03:00 AM