(RCSD) Ping: Ralph

Old July 24th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default META. Different subjects. Was: (RCSD) Ping: Ralph

"bc92" wrote in message
"Joshua McGee" wrote :
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:41:08 -0500, antoine gelat wrote:

The other day, I made a comment about proper usage of message subjects.
Let's look at today's "Ping Ralph". Many subjects are discussed, so it
gives no idea of what is being discussed. My comment still stands.

Are you paying per-character for your downloads? Are you on a 300 baud
modem? Are you in the habit of ignoring entire threads on a med-low
volume newsgroup? Or are you just in a bad mood?

I do agree with Tony, and the mood is excellent.

If someone just wants to "ping" Ralph, better send him an email.

And if the pinging matter is useful to rcsd as a whole, better give an
explicit title.

It's just to give an example about how difficult can it be to write an
explicit subject line when many subjects are discussed.

I'm quite sure that my subject line brings nothing :-) but, of course, we
should try doing our best, for an excellent mood.

--
Victor Manta

Old July 25th 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Default (RCSD) Ping: Ralph

Tony,

Sometimes we are all sinners to our Lord :-)) And, after all, all responses
are philatelic and related to -- if not the subject matter, then at least
the content of my original post about the joint issue Canada/Japan -- so I
honestly don't see it as a very "sinnful" offense and break-of-rules, not to
have composed a more comprehensive subject line that could satisfy
touchy souls ;-)

You've made your point which we have all understood by now, so let's not
start a flame war for so little :-))

Mette

"antoine gelat" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
The other day, I made a comment about proper usage of message subjects.
Let's look at today's "Ping Ralph". Many subjects are discussed, so it
gives no idea of what is being discussed. My comment still stands.

Tony

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 1:50 pm, Ralphael1 wrote:
On Jul 23, 10:05 pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:

On Jul 23, 11:59 am, "antoine gelat" wrote:

When the reply to a message changes the subject, please show the new
subject, otherwise it may get overlooked.

Tony

"Ralphael1" wrote in message

On Jul 22, 10:26 pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:

On Jul 22, 4:21 pm, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

"Mette" wrote in message

. dk...

Ralph,

If you still collect joint-issues, please pay attention to the
j-i
20th
June 2008 Canada-Japan, the first ever according to the
write-up on
the
FDC.

http://cjoint.com/data/hwvH0T8WyQ.htm

Welcome back :-)

I wonder what it shown on the Japan issue. Does somebody know it?

--
Victor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-
Art on Stamps:http://artonstamps.org/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-

Victor and all:

Here is the Japanese sheet for Anne of Green Gables.
ten designs x 80 yen .

http://yoicho29.hippy.jp/PA300011.JPG

The top two are the same as the two Canadian stamps.

Blair- Hide quoted text -

Bingo, you have hit nail on the head..."The top two are the same as
the two Canadian stamps." Common design is what I like. I have torn
some sheets apart for the common design joint issues and also have
kept some intact.
I haven't seen this sheet at my source yet but then again I haven't
looked in depth.
Now if you send me the two stamps from your sheet and Mette sends me
her two stamps I won't have to spend my US$. :-)

Ralph

Ralph

I can send you the Canada sheet, email me with your snail mail
address,
I do NOT have the Japan sheet. It runs around $12 -13 on ebay.

Blair- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for the information Blair. Thank you for the offer but I may
have the Canada stamps on the way to my from a friendly Canadian. If
not I will get back to you.
The $12 for the Japan sheet sounds reasonable to me. I will go not
check and see what comes up.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Hi Ralph

There is a used Japanese sheet on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPAN-2008-CANAD...QQcmdZViewItem

Blair

Old July 25th 08, 10:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jul 25, 12:48*am, "Mette" wrote:
Tony,

Sometimes we are all sinners to our Lord :-)) *And, after all, all responses
are philatelic and related to -- if not the subject matter, then at least
the content of my original post about the joint issue Canada/Japan -- so I
honestly don't see it as a very "sinnful" offense and break-of-rules, not to
have composed a more comprehensive subject line *that could satisfy
touchy souls ;-)

You've made your point which we have all understood by now, so let's not
start a flame war for so little *:-))

Mette

clip, snip
As usual Mette you are right on target.
I still think I did not change the subject, just expanded it a bit.
Needless to say, eloquent I am not.

Ralph