Great Essay on the power of the handwritten word

Old November 16th 04, 03:00 AM
John

Default Great Essay on the power of the handwritten word

I came across the following essay by Edmund Morris from the 1/16/95
issue of the New Yorker. Some of you may have read this -- I think it
is a quite eloquent and powerful reminder of the power of the
handwritten word.

Here's the link:

http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?...14fr_archive02
Old November 16th 04, 11:16 AM
Free Citizen

"John" wrote in message
om...
I came across the following essay by Edmund Morris from the 1/16/95
issue of the New Yorker. Some of you may have read this -- I think it
is a quite eloquent and powerful reminder of the power of the
handwritten word.

Here's the link:

http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?...14fr_archive02

This is a nice link. Thank you John. Now, I wonder if any biographer would
care to analyse Clinton's original manuscript of his memoir which was also
written in longhand.

--
Best regards,
T-H Lim

Old December 5th 04, 06:24 AM
Earl Camembert

On 15 Nov 2004 19:00:46 -0800, (John) wrote:

I came across the following essay by Edmund Morris from the 1/16/95
issue of the New Yorker. Some of you may have read this -- I think it
is a quite eloquent and powerful reminder of the power of the
handwritten word.

Here's the link:

http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?...14fr_archive02

If you ever want the most attention from a letter to your elected
representative or any one for that matter NONTHING beats a hand
written letter. Junk mail is attempting to fake hand written
addresses. Who ever threw a hand written envelope in the trash with
opening it?
Old December 5th 04, 06:25 AM
Earl Camembert

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:16:44 +0800, "Free Citizen"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
. com...
I came across the following essay by Edmund Morris from the 1/16/95
issue of the New Yorker. Some of you may have read this -- I think it
is a quite eloquent and powerful reminder of the power of the
handwritten word.

Here's the link:

http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?...14fr_archive02

This is a nice link. Thank you John. Now, I wonder if any biographer would
care to analyse Clinton's original manuscript of his memoir which was also
written in longhand.

I'll bet he never learned to touch type. Did you ever watch someone
hunt and peck type? It is just sad.