What is in normal biro ink?

Old November 5th 04, 01:48 PM
Emma Watson

Default What is in normal biro ink?

Hi Pen People,
Anyone able to enlighten me by telling me what normal run of the mill
bic-type ink is made off. Furthermore does it get absorbed by your skin and
if so is it harmful, esp longterm.
This required due to tree friendly folk using their hands as notebooks.

Yours enquiringly

Emma

Old November 6th 04, 03:27 AM
Jerry G

"Emma Watson" wrote in
:

Hi Pen People,
Anyone able to enlighten me by telling me what normal run of the mill
bic-type ink is made off. Furthermore does it get absorbed by your
skin and if so is it harmful, esp longterm.
This required due to tree friendly folk using their hands as
notebooks.

Yours enquiringly

Emma

Just for another perspective, paper is made from trees grown for that
purpose. They're a crop. You probably do as much environmental damage
with the soap and warm water it takes to wash ballpoint ink from your skin.
Paper is also recyclable, and reusable in many ways.

Using hands as notebooks seems rather silly. Though, I will admit to
having written the occasional phone number down that way...

--
Jerry G
Michigan

(to email me, delete "removeThis" from email address)
Old November 11th 04, 08:20 AM
Earl Camembert

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 13:48:57 GMT, "Emma Watson"
wrote:

Hi Pen People,
Anyone able to enlighten me by telling me what normal run of the mill
bic-type ink is made off. Furthermore does it get absorbed by your skin and
if so is it harmful, esp longterm.
This required due to tree friendly folk using their hands as notebooks.

Yours enquiringly

Emma

Earl Camembert was cleaning many of his little used pens with pure
Ammonia. I started to accumulate quite a bit of user fluid and placed
it into an empty beverage container. Earl Camembert just happened to
be drinking a bottle of the same beverage. You guessed it. Earl
Camembert grabbed the wrong bottle and took a big gulp of Ammonia and
ink. It doesn't taste very good and in a few seconds starts to burn.
Earl Camembert did not swallow any but some was seeping down Earl
Camembert's thought Earl Camembert called his Primary Care Physician
and was told to go to the Emergency Room as Earl Camembert's mouth was
blistering.

Earl Camembert sat for five hours waiting to see the doctor, pain
getting worse by the hour. Finally I got to see the affirmative action
late night doctor. He never looked in my mouth he only asked me to
stick out my tong. He said no problem go home and eat bland food for a
few days. Today Earl Camembert is fine, so if you put Ammonia and ink
in your mouth don't worry about it. Just don't swallow.

Old November 11th 04, 08:28 AM
Michael

"Earl Camembert" wrote in message
news Finally I got to see the affirmative action
late night doctor.

Earl Camembert is a racist.

Old November 12th 04, 04:19 AM
DaveW

Michael wrote:
"Earl Camembert" wrote in message
news Finally I got to see the affirmative action

late night doctor.

Earl Camembert is a racist.

No, he's just cheezy. But at least we know what generated all that heat
in his pocket.

Regards,

DAve
Old November 14th 04, 09:16 AM
Earl Camembert

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:28:31 GMT, "Michael"
wrote:

"Earl Camembert" wrote in message
news Finally I got to see the affirmative action
late night doctor.

Earl Camembert is a racist.

Earl Camembert is NOT a racist. Earl Camembert is one who see things
as they are. Colon Powell deserves being Secretary of State, his son
does not deserve being Chairman of the FCC. Frank Robinson is one of
the best managers in Base Ball.
Old November 14th 04, 09:37 AM
Angry Black Man

"Michael" wrote in message

"Earl Camembert" wrote in message
news Finally I got to see the affirmative action
late night doctor.

Earl Camembert is a racist.

"Earl the Pearl" is a friend of mine. He is most definitely not a racist. He
takes each person as an individual. Would it not have prudent for the doctor
to at least take a tongue depressor and look in Earl Camembert's mouth.
Especially as Earl Camembert waited over four hours to see the "Doctor"?

Old November 14th 04, 04:02 PM
Tim McNamara

Earl Camembert writes:

Earl Camembert is NOT a racist.

Then Earl Camembert might want to consider avoiding the use of racial
slurs, as that makes him appear to be a racist.
Old November 14th 04, 05:53 PM
Sonam Dasara

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:37:52 GMT, Angry Black Man typed:

"Earl the Pearl" is a friend of mine.

Sorry to hear that. You must be hard up for "friends"

He is most definitely not a racist.

He
takes each person as an individual. Would it not have prudent for the doctor
to at least take a tongue depressor and look in Earl Camembert's mouth.
Especially as Earl Camembert waited over four hours to see the "Doctor"?

Naahhh. The doc noticed that Earl the Cheese was wearing his white hood
and sheets. Errrr. "robes."

--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
11/14/2004 12:50:05 PM
dovekeeper+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old December 5th 04, 06:52 AM
Earl Camembert

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:53:21 -0500, Sonam Dasara wrote:

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:37:52 GMT, Angry Black Man typed:

"Earl the Pearl" is a friend of mine.

Sorry to hear that. You must be hard up for "friends"

He is most definitely not a racist.

He
takes each person as an individual. Would it not have prudent for the doctor
to at least take a tongue depressor and look in Earl Camembert's mouth.
Especially as Earl Camembert waited over four hours to see the "Doctor"?

Naahhh. The doc noticed that Earl the Cheese was wearing his white hood
and sheets. Errrr. "robes."

No Earl Camembert forgot to bring his insurance card. I don't know
why, just because he thought death was just around the corner and he
had to call his primary care physician to get permission to go the
emergency room. Do you think the Doctor being from Nigeria had any
thing to do with it?