A coin I like but you probably won't

Old August 3rd 03, 05:48 AM
Bob Rudd

In article ,
says...
I've had this discussion with several well known dealers and the response I
usually get is well..."a true 65-66 Monroe or a true 65-66 Lafayette are
very rare and thus the price tag is justified". I just agree to disagree
with this argument. IMO, those coins in high grades just aren't good
numismatic spendings. I don't think my in progress gem set will ever
consist of a Lafayette or Monroe in 65.

I would agree, wholeheartedly, with you on this David, in
terms of my own typeset collection. The Monroe just does not
knock, anywhere near my socks off to justify the cost.
Emotionally, I could see a Lafayette 65 in my collection down
the road. Rationally, however, is another story. In this
case, head will always win over heart. I now have a strong 64
and I am going to keep that a lifetime.

--
I hope we can all be good neighbors online!
Old August 3rd 03, 01:50 PM
Doggo

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
"Doggo" wrote:

Looks to me like the same warm tint to this coin as the one you got
earlier.

There's one problem with your theory....the NGC slab is perfectly white.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits

Well, here's a case where my inexperience shines thru. Thanks for the
reply, I *will* learn from it.

Instead of buy the coin not the holder, I should have used, look at the
coin *and* the holder :-)

Ed

Pr: Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention - July 9-11, 2004 EdKuszmar General 0 June 29th 04 05:16 AM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM
What do those letters mean? and "Whats it worth"? my birthday George D Coins 0 July 22nd 03 04:56 AM
Coin returns and a question about toning Bill Krummel Coins 28 July 11th 03 02:09 AM
What do those letters mean? and "Whats it worth"? July 5 2003 George D Coins 1 July 5th 03 06:27 PM