? for Ivo Shahanov

Old December 10th 03, 02:40 PM
Scottishmoney

Default ? for Ivo Shahanov

Pick 2b 5 Leva Srebro ND(1909) VG 10
Pick 9b 20 Leva Zlato ND(1904) VG 8

I take it the lowest denominations were "silver certificates" whilst the
larger ie 20 Leva notes were Gold Certificates? W/O looking in the catalog
and cheating, I think they were very similar in design to contemporary
Russian notes yes?
Dave

--
If you reply via email, try this:
scottishmoney(at)REMOVETHISlycos.com

---

Old December 11th 03, 01:23 PM
Ivo Shahanov

Hello Dave,

Yes,the lowest denomination are called SREBRO(means SILVER) and the
higher ZLATO(means GOLD).
Maybe the Bulgarian and Russian notes have any similarity but I think
it is not so much(and I think it is normal because our bank notes were
printed in that times in Russia).
You have a nice nickname.Are you from Scotland?

Ivo

Old December 12th 03, 02:12 AM
Scottishmoney

"Ivo Shahanov" wrote in message
om...
Hello Dave,

Yes,the lowest denomination are called SREBRO(means SILVER) and the
higher ZLATO(means GOLD).

In Russian Sevevro(sp) is silver and zolota is gold, being that Bulgarian
and Russian are both Slavic languages I figured they were very similar
words.
You have a nice nickname.Are you from Scotland?

Actually from the USA, and you will see when you get your IBNS directory
that I collect category 239 - Scottish banknotes. But I have also collected
Russian, and now Ukraine notes.

Dave IBNS 9143

---

Old December 12th 03, 11:21 AM
Darren

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:12:13 -0500, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

Actually from the USA, and you will see when you get your IBNS directory
that I collect category 239 - Scottish banknotes. But I have also collected
Russian, and now Ukraine notes.

Ivo

You'll learn that Dave has collected just about everything in his
time. I figure he must be about 187 years old

Thanks
Darren

Old December 12th 03, 12:27 PM
Scottishmoney

"Darren" wrote in message
Ivo

You'll learn that Dave has collected just about everything in his
time. I figure he must be about 187 years old

Thanks
Darren

Gees Darren, from what I have seen of your collecting of late, you will have
me beaten.
IE Pot : Kettle : Black

Dave

---

Old December 12th 03, 02:40 PM
Ivo Shahanov

Hello Dave,

Oh,you mean about the denomination.
I thought you speak about their look.
Yes,the both language are slavic.
But the funny here is that we(russians and bulgarians) do not
understand eachother.Many times when I speak with any russian I prefer
to speak in english(my english is not very well but it is better than
my russian)
The bulgarian language is more similar to the Serbian.
My grandfather is serbian.So I am 1/4 serbian

Can you explain me about these categories?
Where I can see them?

How you decide to collect scottish paper money?
I do not why,but many collectors like the scottish bank notes.
But I think most of the collectors like the bank notes with the
english Queen on them.

Ivo IBNS #9092

Old December 12th 03, 04:34 PM
Scottishmoney

[...]

Interesting that you are part Serb. I know people here named Ivo and they
are Serb and I thought of that a long time ago when I saw your posts. I can
read the Serbian, and understand about 50% or so of it, since it is an
Eastern European language. From when I was young in California, I knew a
lot of Serbs there in the gold country as their ancestors came over as hard
rock miners during the gold rush.

BTW I started collecting Scottish banknotes many years ago with a gift from
a family member. I got interested in them because they are non Government
issued paper money, but rather issued by banks, which there are now three of
them operating. The Queen has only appeared on a Commemorative note on the
50th anniversary of her reign on a Royal Bank of Scotland note last year.
She is mainly on English notes, and not any other Scottish or Northern
Ireland notes. Having the Queen on banknotes in Scotland maybe viewed by
some as kind of like having Lenin on a note of Czechoslovakia or something.

Dave

---