well wipe the silly grin off my face

Old September 8th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
hp

Default well wipe the silly grin off my face

As usual, before we travel the byways and highways, and sometimes just
for local spending change, we stopped off at the local bank and picked
up some $1 coins, $2.oo bills, and this time they didn't have any $.50
pieces, bummers on that.

BUT I walked out with 10 "BIG" $1 coins, ALL Morgans, 7 of them "O"
minty marks. Waa-Whooo!!!!!

I tried to restrain myself till I could get home and try the electronic
scales on the stack. the 10 coins weighed about 263 grams, The clink
sound sure sounds sweet.

Me thins these be the real deal.

Today been berry berry goot to me!

The rest of the exchange will serve as spending $$ as usual.

One wonders if there are projections on the survival rate of the various
years of the New Orleans Morgans?

By the wayside the 1885 "O" looks very nice, I will consult my old
Photograde and try to determine condition.
Old September 8th 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
hp

On 9/8/2011 4:06 PM, hp wrote:
the 1885 "O" looks very nice, I will consult my old Photograde and try
to determine condition

well, a cursory look with a hand lens seems to suggest the
wear/condition of these are about the same for obverse and reverse of
each. Over all various grades from hole fillers to maybe vg ecxcept for
the previously mentioned 1885 O, the 1921 P to me would grade better
also, but during my formative collecting years the color would have
caused me to not look at it too much despite probably being at least xf
Old September 8th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Some Guy[_2_]

I find your story not to be credible.
Mind you, I'm not saying you're full of baloney , just that I wouldn't disagree
with anybody who did.

Old September 9th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Sep 8, 6:07*pm, "Some Guy" wrote:

I find your story not to be credible.
Mind you, I'm not saying you're full of baloney , just that I wouldn't disagree
with anybody who did.

Stuff like this does happen sometimes.

A number of years ago a long-time poster found a $20 Saint Gaudens in
a roll of half dollars....nobody doubted that story.
Old September 19th 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Phil DeMayo wrote:
On Sep 8, 6:07*pm, "Some Guy" wrote:

I find your story not to be credible.
Mind you, I'm not saying you're full of baloney , just that I wouldn't

disagree
with anybody who did.

Stuff like this does happen sometimes.

A number of years ago a long-time poster found a $20 Saint Gaudens in
a roll of half dollars....nobody doubted that story.

Back when I still asked checkout clerks to give me my change in
dollar coins if they had any*, a fellow who didn't seem to be too
familiar with US coinage said "Somebody gave me these" and they
turned out to be half dollars that were not sandwiched and looked
brighter than cupronickle.. I didn't try to read the dates (my
eyes are crap) but they sure looked brand new to me.I tried to
explain that he really didn't want to give those out as change at
face value, and one of the waitresses came over to see what the
problem was and told him that they were worth about $7 each; *that*
he understood. So, my question is, how close was the waitress'
apraisal? This would have been a few years ago.

On at least one occasion I showed Mr. Benveniste a fairly recently
dated silver quarter that I had received in change from a vending
machine.

*I've given up. Either they think I want to break my dollars into
change, or, very rarely, one says "Awww, I wanted those..."

Wipe Out Debt Tim Jones Paper Money 0 January 3rd 08 01:09 PM
OK, tell me this auction title won't give you a grin... Steve Ruud Coins 4 September 28th 06 02:13 PM
Santa Claus will wipe his ass with your basketball stuff !!!!! Bruno Beam Basketball 0 December 19th 04 07:38 AM
Bermuda HV used face $74, Guernsey HV used face over £10 LiHui US Stamps 0 February 22nd 04 07:05 AM
Bermuda HV used face $74, Guernsey HV used face over £10 LiHui Marketplace 0 February 22nd 04 07:05 AM