Someone needs glasses!

Old March 14th 12, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Default Someone needs glasses!

Take a look at this one...advertised as being CH/BU. I am not an expert, but I don't think so!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-S-50c-M...em1e664 6a0d3
Old March 14th 12, 04:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Mar 13, 8:39*pm, Jud wrote:
Take a look at this one...advertised as being CH/BU. I am not an expert, but I don't think so!http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-S-50c-M...lf-Dollar-CH-B...

No, no, no. No one needs glasses. It's just a very WEAK strike with
toning!

Jerry
Now where are MY glasses?
Old March 14th 12, 05:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:53:31 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:39*pm, Jud wrote:
Take a look at this one...advertised as being CH/BU. I am not an expert, but I don't think so!http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-S-50c-M...lf-Dollar-CH-B...

No, no, no. No one needs glasses. It's just a very WEAK strike with
toning!

Jerry
Now where are MY glasses?

Weak strike?

That appears to be significant wear.
Old March 14th 12, 09:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:39*pm, Jud wrote:
Take a look at this one...advertised as being CH/BU. I am not an expert, but I don't think so!http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-S-50c-M...lf-Dollar-CH-B...

No, no, no. No one needs glasses. It's just a very WEAK strike with
toning!

Jerry
Now where are MY glasses?

Weak strike?

That appears to be significant wear.

Yeah, not a weak strike and toning, more like significant wear and staining! I am sure that Jerry had his tongue in cheek. But it says it's a CH/BU, so it must be, right? G
Old March 14th 12, 09:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:39 pm, Jud wrote:
Take a look at this one...advertised as being CH/BU. I am not an
expert, but I don't think
so!http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-S-50c-M...lf-Dollar-CH-B...

No, no, no. No one needs glasses. It's just a very WEAK strike with
toning!

Jerry
Now where are MY glasses?

Weak strike?

That appears to be significant wear.

Yeah, not a weak strike and toning, more like significant wear and staining!
I am sure that Jerry had his tongue in cheek. But it says it's a CH/BU, so
it must be, right? G
-----------

Based on his user ID, the seller is apparently a coin dealer, so there
should be no doubt he's an accurate grader. The confusion may involve his
clever use of CH/BU instead of Ch BU. Wonder that the "CH" stands for here.

Old March 14th 12, 10:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:39 pm, Jud wrote:
Take a look at this one...advertised as being CH/BU. I am not an
expert, but I don't think
so!http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-S-50c-M...lf-Dollar-CH-B...

No, no, no. *No one needs glasses. *It's just a very WEAK strike with
toning!

Jerry
Now where are MY glasses?

Weak strike?

That appears to be significant wear.

Yeah, not a weak strike and toning, more like significant wear and staining!
I am sure that Jerry had his tongue in cheek. But it says it's a CH/BU, so
it must be, right? *G

Based on his user ID, the seller is apparently a coin dealer, so there
should be no doubt he's an accurate grader. *The confusion may involve his
clever use of CH/BU instead of Ch BU. *Wonder that the "CH" stands for here.- Hide quoted text -

As Tim Taylor used to say on Home Improvement, "I'M KIDDING, NANA!"

Jerry
Jud catches the tongue in cheek remark.
Old March 15th 12, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wookie[_3_]

In this case it stands for chewed and barfed up