Tech question Wurlitzer New York, NY

Old November 6th 03, 10:13 AM
Terry Kuhns

Default Tech question Wurlitzer New York, NY

I am trying to get this juke working and have a question. I power the
machine up, I get a zero in the first column on the digital display. I have
both LEDs lit on the amp, the LEDs on the SCC flash once and go out, at the
same time the digital display goes blank. I have checked the power for the
display at the SCC (CD 2500 BTW) and it reads 14.17v. The LED on the control
board for the CD player is also lit. Is this correct or should the LEDs (K
and Z) on the SCC also stay lit?

Thanks for any help with this matter,
Terry Kuhns

Old November 7th 03, 07:00 AM
John Robertson

Is the Service Switch off on the SCC (Computer)?

The K & Z lights are the Home and Index LEDs and they only blink when
the carousel is turning - should both be off otherwise.

Try putting the computer into Self Test (you also have to press the LT
button) the display should show 10. Then try pressing #8 on the keypad
- this should cause the carousel to rotate. Then button #7 should
start the gripper arm moving. If neither of those are working make
sure the safety switch (at the bottom of the gripper arm) is activated
by the metal arm sticking out of the claw - if someone pulled on the
gripper arm, then the safety switch is disabled and the machine
freezes.

I really need to improve the section on the Wurlitzer's on flippers...

www.flippers.com/wurlitzr.html

John :-#)#

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:13:32 -0500, "Terry Kuhns"
wrote:

I am trying to get this juke working and have a question. I power the
machine up, I get a zero in the first column on the digital display. I have
both LEDs lit on the amp, the LEDs on the SCC flash once and go out, at the
same time the digital display goes blank. I have checked the power for the
display at the SCC (CD 2500 BTW) and it reads 14.17v. The LED on the control
board for the CD player is also lit. Is this correct or should the LEDs (K
and Z) on the SCC also stay lit?

Thanks for any help with this matter,
Terry Kuhns

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

Old November 8th 03, 01:14 PM
Terry Kuhns

John Robertson wrote in message . ..
Is the Service Switch off on the SCC (Computer)?

The K & Z lights are the Home and Index LEDs and they only blink when
the carousel is turning - should both be off otherwise.

Try putting the computer into Self Test (you also have to press the LT
button) the display should show 10. Then try pressing #8 on the keypad
- this should cause the carousel to rotate. Then button #7 should
start the gripper arm moving. If neither of those are working make
sure the safety switch (at the bottom of the gripper arm) is activated
by the metal arm sticking out of the claw - if someone pulled on the
gripper arm, then the safety switch is disabled and the machine
freezes.

I really need to improve the section on the Wurlitzer's on flippers...

www.flippers.com/wurlitzr.html

John :-#)#\

I tried putting the computer into self test (the srevice switch has
been in the 'off' position during all testing) but I get no readout an
the display at all, the display goes blank after the first second of
powerup and stays that way. The only way I can get the gripper arm to
move is move the gripper motor switch to the 'on' position and then it
continually cycles, grabbing the cd, put it on the player, and then
return it to the carousel. I have been trying to tech this out by the
manual but I think I need a brushup on german :-) Also, the safety
switch seems like it's working, I checked it and all other
microswitches with my DMM and they held solid at .2 or .3 when held
closed...

Old November 10th 03, 03:53 AM
John Robertson

Hi Terry,

Well, have you got +5VDC on the computer? You need to take the cover
off and check for this on the Eprom (Pins 14 & 28) - if it is missing
then you need to check the fuses in the amp - this is the +12VDC
source for the +5 regulator in the computer.

We service those computers, or you can check with Wurlitzer USA about
someone local to you that can help their number is1-800-987-5400

I'm in Canada you see...

John :-#)#

Old November 11th 03, 10:24 AM
Terry Kuhns

Hi John,

I have +5.01v on pin 28 but not on pin 14...I get a reading of 2.14 mv on
pin 14. I have checked the fuses and re-checked them once again.

-Terry
"John Robertson" wrote in message
Hi Terry,

Well, have you got +5VDC on the computer? You need to take the cover
off and check for this on the Eprom (Pins 14 & 28) - if it is missing
then you need to check the fuses in the amp - this is the +12VDC
source for the +5 regulator in the computer.

We service those computers, or you can check with Wurlitzer USA about
someone local to you that can help their number is1-800-987-5400

I'm in Canada you see...

John :-#)#

On 8 Nov 2003 05:14:49 -0800, (Terry Kuhns) wrote:

. ..

Old November 12th 03, 02:25 AM
John Robertson

That sounds correct (pin 14 is ground after all). I think your MPU is
defective...what is the serial number of the machine? Does it fall
within the problem area on:
www.flippers.com/wurlitzr.html ?

You might have bad transistors if it does.

John :-#)#

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:24:57 -0500, "Terry Kuhns"
wrote:

Hi John,

I have +5.01v on pin 28 but not on pin 14...I get a reading of 2.14 mv on
pin 14. I have checked the fuses and re-checked them once again.

-Terry
.. .

Old November 12th 03, 04:35 AM
Terry Kuhns

Yes, John it does fall into the problem serial number category. The serial
number is 31129861...I assume I am in need of the upgrade kit for it? If so
let me know and I will order it..

-Terry

PS- I also have a second juke here, same make and model (New York, NY) which
is missing the whole CPU assembly, mounting bracket too. Is this assembly
hard to find?

Old November 12th 03, 04:49 AM
John Robertson

Email me, we can sort this out too.

John :-#)#

Tech: Wurlitzer 3200 RKP Juke Boxes 1 May 16th 10 07:52 PM
Frank Beamer/Va. Tech question Kris Autographs 2 November 3rd 03 08:19 PM
Book signing information Ted Kupczyk Autographs 6 November 2nd 03 02:04 PM
UPCOMING BOOK SIGNINGS Todd F. Autographs 5 August 4th 03 06:54 AM
Wurlitzer 1015 amp question burning juke Juke Boxes 0 July 5th 03 08:39 PM