Jefferson Nickels

Old September 29th 05, 09:15 PM
Diane

Default Jefferson Nickels

I am a "lurker" here and I read a post a few weeks ago where the poster said
he buys rolls of nickels at the bank each week. I thought I would mention
that I have a few thousand nickels. Most are dates earlier than 1970 ... I
sell them for 7 cents each in lots of 300 plus $8 for the flat rate priority
mail postage. If anyone here is interested in them, email me: euramcoins
at hotmail dot com -

Whatever I don't sell in the next week or so, I am going to roll and take to
the bank. Pennies are next .. ugh.

Diane [Euram Coins - Orlando]

Old September 29th 05, 10:41 PM
James Higby

"Diane" wrote in message
I am a "lurker" here and I read a post a few weeks ago where the poster
said he buys rolls of nickels at the bank each week. I thought I would
mention that I have a few thousand nickels. Most are dates earlier than
1970 ... I sell them for 7 cents each in lots of 300 plus $8 for the flat
rate priority mail postage. If anyone here is interested in them, email
me: euramcoins at hotmail dot com -

Whatever I don't sell in the next week or so, I am going to roll and take
to the bank. Pennies are next .. ugh.

Diane [Euram Coins - Orlando]

If you're willing to accept 5c per for the ones you don't sell to rcc at 7
cents per, why not offer them all to rcc for 5c per, especially since you
get to pick which ones are available to rcc? Or privide a list of what you
have, and allow rcc to pick which ones to buy at 7c per?

James

Old September 30th 05, 02:07 AM
Diane Whatever

No offense, but neither of your suggestions would be acceptable.

#1 ... The decision is not mine to make. I am an employee doing eBay
listings for a coin shop. If I am going to be "selling" these nickels,
rather than taking them to a bank .. I am pretty certain that the boss would
expect some profit. After all, he pays me to do this sort of thing .. For
face value, he may as well just start putting them in the register and
making change with them.

#2 The hours that it would take to make a list and then pick through the
list, wouldn't pay my salary .. and if there were time to do that, we would
have to sell them for more than 2 cents over face. When customers come into
the store, we let them pick through buckets of loose money ... they don't
pay face for what they get and I don't imagine we buy at face either. For
example, we buy wheats for 2 cents and sell them for 3.

As their accountant/ebay person let me add .. This isn't emptying my coin
jug at home, there are salaries to pay, rents to pay .. etc etc .. And if
it was my coin jug, I wouldn't make a list of thousands of nickels and sell
them for 5 cents.

I was just making an offer because I thought some people would be
interested. Just keep going to the bank and buying rolls .. I only
mentioned it here because most of these Jeffersons are 40's 50's and 60's

Diane

Old September 30th 05, 02:34 AM
Steve

Diane,

I for one appreciate you offer, but wonder why you would take them to
the bank at five cents and not offer them to the group for the same?
Your boss would not make anything off them at the bank would he? Seems
like six to one half dozen to the other to me. I still think I would
pay seven cents if I didn't have to pay shipping. If you are located
near Louisville KY, let me know and I'll drop by your store. There are
many 40/50/60 nickels in circulation and roll searching is kind of fun
is some wierd way. I personally would probably still buy rolls to
search even if I bought from you. I guess I like the hunt, but hey
that's just me. This is a nightly activity that me and my boys do as a
sort of bonding activity. I am sure some folks would probably rather
buy from you and spend their time on more productive things. Thanks for
the offer. It is good to have options.

Good luck,

Steve

Old September 30th 05, 12:55 PM
Alan Williams

Diane wrote:

I am a "lurker" here and I read a post a few weeks ago where the poster said
he buys rolls of nickels at the bank each week. I thought I would mention
that I have a few thousand nickels. Most are dates earlier than 1970 ... I
sell them for 7 cents each in lots of 300 plus $8 for the flat rate priority
mail postage. If anyone here is interested in them, email me: euramcoins
at hotmail dot com -

Whatever I don't sell in the next week or so, I am going to roll and take to
the bank. Pennies are next .. ugh.

Good luck, Diane. Personally, I will wait for you to redeem and then
buy 'the good stuff' at face value. ;-)

Alan
'cause you told me to'
Old September 30th 05, 03:27 PM
Diane

That's fine .. I wasn't trying to be a salesperson for the company. Just
thought I would mention we had them.

Diane

Old September 30th 05, 04:23 PM
Diane

Maybe he would take 6 cents if you will pay the shipping. You can ship a
bunch in one of those priority mail boxes .. I bagged up a few 300 count and
put them in a showcase for 6 cents. I know he had to pay at least a
fraction over the 5 cents for them, because I hear all the time "we don't
take those, they are spendible cash."

Diane

oups.com...