ink refuses to leave the Waterman convertor

Old November 11th 03, 06:14 PM
Sprant Flere-Imsaho Wu-Handrahen Xato Trabiti

Default ink refuses to leave the Waterman convertor

Hi all,

I have a (for me) new problem. I have a Waterman Serenite with OF nib. I´m
very fond of this pen. I have always used the pen with a convertor, and used
a broad spectrum of inks in this pen, although no Waterman ink. That is,
until 2 days ago.

After reading favourable reviews of Waterman blue-black ink I have bought a
bottle, flushed the Serenite with an lot of water, and filled the pen with
this Waterman ink. Since then the pen writes very dry and often stops
writing. On inspection I discovered the Waterman blue-black ink tend to stay
at the piston end of the convertor and "refuses" to flush down towards the
nib.

Any suggestions how I can get this ink to behave proparly?

Regards,
-Flere

Old November 11th 03, 09:00 PM
so what

Flere,

Add just a small drop of dishwashing liquid to a cup of cool water, and let the
convertor soak in that for a few minutes.

satrap

Old November 12th 03, 04:21 PM
Quarter Horseman

Waterman blue-black has given me nothing but problems when it comes to
flow. The only ink I can think of that's performed worse for me in that
respect is Mont Blanc in the same color.

Did you rinse your converter at the same times as the pen? If so, did
you overdo it? See my post on the subject in the early-November thread
concerning the coil in MB converters. If your ISP's Usenet news server
doesn't still have it, the Google archives will.

Old November 12th 03, 07:07 PM
Sprant Flere-Imsaho Wu-Handrahen Xato Trabiti

I tried that, and now have tried it again. Pen still writes dry. Although
now the ink seems to be more "liquid" in the convertor. Should I add
something to the ink, or forget about Waterman BB?

-Flere

"so what" schreef in bericht

Old November 12th 03, 07:09 PM
Sprant Flere-Imsaho Wu-Handrahen Xato Trabiti

Yes, I read that thread on the converter coil. I´m now breaking my head (my
excuse for this Dutchism about how I can get a coil or something else
inside the waterman converter with its tiny exit hole.

-Flere

"Quarter Horseman" schreef in bericht

Old November 13th 03, 12:28 AM
kg

"Quarter Horseman" schreef in bericht
Waterman blue-black has given me nothing but problems when it comes to
flow. The only ink I can think of that's performed worse for me in that
respect is Mont Blanc in the same color.

You might try a very small drop of liquid dishwashing soap on the end of a
toothpick and then stir it into the ink. This should increase the flow
characteristics of the ink but be careful to not overdo it!

Kelly G.

Old November 13th 03, 01:14 AM
Edo

Sprant Flere-Imsaho Wu-Handrahen Xato Trabiti wrote:

I=B4m now breaking my head (my
excuse for this Dutchism
about how I can get a coil or something else
inside the waterman converter with its tiny exit hole.

Perhaps you could try a ball bearing or one of those little plastic
balls you get in Pelikan cartridges. (I remember collecting those when I
was a schoolboy.)

Edo

P.S. For 'Dutchism', might I suggest the far more impressive sounding
'batavism' (a word even Google doesn't know)?
Old November 13th 03, 06:50 AM
Sprant Flere-Imsaho Wu-Handrahen Xato Trabiti

Ah, yes, but how do I get this ball bearing into the converter? I did not
see a way to dissassemble the converter.

-Flere

Misschien kunnen we beter op nederlands overschakelen in deze nieuwsgroep.
De amerikanen hebben het toch alleen over P51 en snorkels

"Edo" schreef in bericht

Old November 13th 03, 08:01 AM
marlinspike

The convertor doesn't come apart at the back (most convertors I have seen
can be taken apart from the back/knob end)
Richard